Dodged a bullet

Rob Allen

Since moving to God Forsaken Colorado I've been trying to get back into fly fishing industry.
Last September I applied and interviewed for the fly shop manager position at the new Sheels store going in in Colorado Springs.
Someone else got the job and yesterday I visited the store for the first and probably only time. The fly fishing department was 4 or 5 short rows, I could have done that job asleep with both arms and whats left of my brain tied behind my back. I would have been so bored...
On top of that it appears that the managers were all in white shirts and ties with black slacks.. So NOT me and sooooo not Flyfishing..

SCHEELS, Thank you so very much for not hiring me :) I wish you the best and all but glad to not work in your store :)

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Yeah I don't see Scheels as a great resource for fly fishing supplies.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

What now? Any other prospects?

David Loy

Senior Moment
Daughter went to Colorado College in Colorado Springs, and while visiting I stopped in to the Anglers Covey. Very professional well stocked fly shop with friendly knowledgeable guys. You might check it out.
G’luck.

Rob Allen

Daughter went to Colorado College in Colorado Springs, and while visiting I stopped in to the Anglers Covey. Very professional well stocked fly shop with friendly knowledgeable guys. You might check it out.
G’luck.
12.32 per hour

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
My 16 yr old step-son makes $14 per hour at the Dairy Queen.

Crazy.

David Loy

Senior Moment
Sounds like minimum wage, but still a hundred a day for not a lot of hard work, BSing about fishing gear with customers. It’s a start in a new territory, till your high paying guide gig gets known. Jus tryna hep.

Rob Allen

Sounds like minimum wage, but still a hundred a day for not a lot of hard work, BSing about fishing gear with customers. It’s a start in a new territory, till your high paying guide gig gets known. Jus tryna hep.

For now I'll stick with over 5 dollars an hour more and hour selling cabinets.. plus about 1:15 less commute time each way.

cdnred

For now I'll stick with over 5 dollars an hour more and hour selling cabinets.. plus about 1:15 less commute time each way.
Best of luck with your endeavors in Colorado. I worked in Denver for a 2 1/2 year period and loved the state while I was there. There is so much to see and do there. Actually that's where I caught the fly fishing bug but never found the time to get out on the water. Would love to get back now that I'm retired..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info