Dodged a bullet

Rob Allen

Best of luck with your endeavors in Colorado. I worked in Denver for a 2 1/2 year period and loved the state while I was there. There is so much to see and do there. Actually that's where I caught the fly fishing bug but never found the time to get out on the water. Would love to get back now that I'm retired..

There are some cool things here but here on the front range nearly all of it is private. There are lots of people here but the overall angler knowledge/ experience seems lot compared to the west. Or maybe the knowledgeable and experienced anglers keep a low profile.

Probably a great place for a fly fishing school..

We'll be here for a while. But I am thanking Idaho is in our future long term. Maybe Orifino. At least if my wife can ditch her evergreen tree allergy.

cdnred

We'll be here for a while. But I am thanking Idaho is in our future long term. Maybe Orifino. At least if my wife can ditch her evergreen tree allergy.
You can't beat the west for scenery or outdoor adventures. I was living for 5 years in Richland, WA and when I was there I traveled all over the west to see as much of it as I could. Lots of nice country in Washington, Montana, Oregon and Idaho. I'd love to get back out there, hopefully they'll have this COVID under wraps soon to allow me to return..

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
You can't beat the west for scenery or outdoor adventures. I was living for 5 years in Richland, WA and when I was there I traveled all over the west to see as much of it as I could. Lots of nice country in Washington, Montana, Oregon and Idaho. I'd love to get back out there, hopefully they'll have this COVID under wraps soon to allow me to return..
Get outta Hog Town!! (assuming tthat's where you are in Ontario).

cheers

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Rob, do you like moving around or just having a hard time getting settled?

cdnred

Get outta Hog Town!! (assuming tthat's where you are in Ontario).

cheers
I'm down in Windsor, right across the river from Detroit. When I was working, I spent time off and on in Toronto. I've been and worked in many cities but Toronto has got to be the worst for traffic. It goes at a snail's pace without ever getting you anywhere..

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I'm down in Windsor, right across the river from Detroit. When I was working, I spent time off and on in Toronto. I've been and worked in many cities but Toronto has got to be the worst for traffic. It goes at a snail's pace without ever getting you anywhere..
Ahh Windsor, spent a year there and a few hours in old Tiger Stadium back in my youth. Had a GF from Leamington who's family grew tomatoes. Move west young man, move west!

cheers

Rob Allen

Rob, do you like moving around or just having a hard time getting settled?

I have a certain level of wanderlust, but most our moves have been by necessity.

Started in Vancouver WA.. too expensive Moved to La Grande Oregon.. boss died and no other work there plus my wife needed cancer surgury. Moved back to Vancouver with family members.. that got old and again too expensive. Moved to Bozeman after my wife got a work injury settlement ( only took 10 years) Bozeman was cold and lots of the locals were.... anyway...
Then moved to the Columbia Gorge. I loved it there and would have stayed for the rest of my life but 2 years there and my wife's allergies became an issue.. last year with the fires? Yeah it probably would have put her in the hospital or worse.

Trying to be responsible and settle down. Hasn't really worked..

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I have a certain level of wanderlust, but most our moves have been by necessity.

Started in Vancouver WA.. too expensive Moved to La Grande Oregon.. boss died and no other work there plus my wife needed cancer surgury. Moved back to Vancouver with family members.. that got old and again too expensive. Moved to Bozeman after my wife got a work injury settlement ( only took 10 years) Bozeman was cold and lots of the locals were.... anyway...
Then moved to the Columbia Gorge. I loved it there and would have stayed for the rest of my life but 2 years there and my wife's allergies became an issue.. last year with the fires? Yeah it probably would have put her in the hospital or worse.

Trying to be responsible and settle down. Hasn't really worked..

Life, can throw you a lot of curves. Had someone told me certain aspects of my future (becoming a widower at 33, single father etc), I'da said no thanks. Glad no one told me. It's a journey.

Keep at it, and best of luck to you!!

Cheers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts