NFR 2021 Baseball

Old Man

A very Old Man
This happened to 2 games in a row. A home run in the bottom of the 10th yesterday and the bottom of the 9th today. Where is there a reliver when you want one. This really sucks. Good bye playoffs

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
This happened to 2 games in a row. A home run in the bottom of the 10th yesterday and the bottom of the 9th today. Where is there a reliver when you want one. This really sucks. Good bye playoffs

Keep the faith OMJ......another bobble head night is coming up to get folks excited.
I can’t remember if it is going to be Bobby Ayala or Eric (4.2 innings) Bedard.
SF

Old Man

A very Old Man
Keep the faith OMJ......another bobble head night is coming up to get folks excited.
I can’t remember if it is going to be Bobby Ayala or Eric (4.2 innings) Bedard.
SF
I'm not much of a sports fan lately. I haven't watched any sports and neither have I watched the Olympics' Just can't get into it.

Stonefish

I'm not much of a sports fan lately. I haven't watched any sports and neither have I watched the Olympics' Just can't get into it.

Thats cool. Mariner baseball for the last 20 years really couldn’t be defined as a sport anyway.
Stay safe from the potential floods.
SF

Gyrfalcon21

Erik Bedard was a classic in Mariners history. Had HIMSELF on a pitch/innings count. He pitched until he decided it was time to hit the showers and took himself out of games !?!?!

M's traded away Adam Jones for the bum.

Bedard bobblehead would be an empty pitching mound.

Charles Sullivan

What happens if it doesn’t work?
It’s hard to say based on the Mariners track record as I don’t really recall them ever going all in.
As far as cash, Seattle is the 12th rank I believe media market. Not on par with LA, Ny or Boston but not piss poor either......
Mariner ownership has never been willing to shell out big $$$ to try and win.
I do agree with D3, they are going to have to do so at some point or this current Mariner rebuild will just be a repeat of the past 20 years of futility.
SF
Bavasi went all in. They have never recovered. Sexson, Beltre et al. was the last time they "overspent".
I understand M's fans frustrations. There issue has always been lack of player development. That has been the issue much more so than spending.

Go sox,
cds

Gyrfalcon21

Remember Chone Figgins? Didn't he suffer the worst case of Marineritus ever? He was a solid pick-up on paper, and got bit by the Mariner bug and it crushed his career.

He and Ichiro hitting back to back were going to be unstoppable... that one was higher power (above the clouds) and not really a higher management mistake in my mind.

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
Remember Chone Figgins? Didn't he suffer the worst case of Marineritus ever? He was a solid pick-up on paper, and got bit by the Mariner bug and it crushed his career.

He and Ichiro hitting back to back were going to be unstoppable... that one was higher power (above the clouds) and not really a higher management mistake in my mind.
Figgy

Stonefish

Bavasi went all in. They have never recovered. Sexson, Beltre et al. was the last time they "overspent".
I understand M's fans frustrations. There issue has always been lack of player development. That has been the issue much more so than spending.

Go sox,
cds

Sexton had two good years before he dropped off. Beltre unfortunately played better before he became a Mariner and after he left.
Both were signed as free agents if I remember correctly, so the Mariners gave up no prospects to acquire them.
If a team can’t recover after signing two free agents 15 years ago that just shows what poorly run organization they are.
If they ever should have gone all in which I don’t think they ever have is when Lou Pinella was manager. He wanted to add players but management battled him on that.
Howard Lincoln, Chuck Armstrong....... what a joke.
SF

Charles Sullivan

Sexton had two good years before he dropped off. Beltre unfortunately played better before he became a Mariner and after he left.
Both were signed as free agents if I remember correctly, so the Mariners gave up no prospects to acquire them.
If a team can’t recover after signing two free agents 15 years ago that just shows what poorly run organization they are.
If they ever should have gone all in which I don’t think they ever have is when Lou Pinella was manager. He wanted to add players but management battled him on that.
Howard Lincoln, Chuck Armstrong....... what a joke.
SF
Mostly agreed. He made a series of moves. Those were the bad signings. He also paid a bunch of players, made the Bedard trade etc. I agree that they are poorly run. No question.
Their real issue is that they develop very few players. If you compare them to the admittedly filthy wealthy Red Sox for instance, the difference is clear. In recent years the Sox have developed Betts, Devers, Boegarts, Bradley Jr. Eduardo Rodriguez and prospects good enough to fetch starting pitchers like Sale. Young players are worth money. If you have them, yoy can play them for cheap or use them to trade for players. Seattle has not developed 1 player as good as Betrs, Boegarts, Bradley Jr. or even Benintendi in the last 6 years.
They have had no talent come through in a long time until this year. It is truly amazing how bad they are at drafting and developing talent. They don't lose homegrown players to clubs who spend more because they don't have homegrown players worth signing. You are correct that they are poorly run and their ownership sucks. That is objectively true. Until they develop some major league talent they will continue to be awful. It is nearly impossible to win by buying all of your talent. They are the worst in the talent development business for the last 2 decades. It is a spectacular and impressive run of incompetence.

Go Sox,
cds

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
Part of being fanatical about sports is having an opinion on the game, its players, the ownership, management, etc.
Did you just admit that your ARE a Mariners fan? And that you are fanatical?
If so, then by my previous comment you are not in your right mind. :)
Hmmm, because I’m fanatical as you say I’m not allowed to be fanatical about what I see and have to stop watching.
I said if you don't like it, don't watch it. You don't have to stop, you get a choice.
At some point all those that become fanatical would have to stop watching because whether we agree with the management or not we are all fans. Circular firing squad.
Whaaaat? Can we introduce this concept to the Anti-Vaxxers?

The covid extra innings rule is stupid. It's like a T-ball rule or something.

With the team heading into the hotbed of Delta variant transmission I expect to see some positive tests taking some players out the rotation. Since we are going with T-ball rules maybe the other team should have to sit the same position players.

At some point this season I heard that the Ms were the youngest team in the league. I don't know if that's true still but there are a lot of baby faced players on the team.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts