NFR 2021 Baseball

Albula

swollen member
Oddly, a team without BIG names-just like '01
(Edgar, yes, but had no Griffey Jr, no Randy Johnson, no Alex Rodriguez in '01)

Still need atleast a Boston loss in 4 games, down to the wire

If Boston goes 3-1 and Mariners 3-0, does anyone know where that one game playoff is?
(ofcourse, overlooking Toronto circling above)

And, I'll go straight to RAVEN-skipping crow, if the Mariners make the playoffs, and CONDOR if they win the World Series !
I believe it will be at Fenway as the Sox are 4 and 2 against the M's this year.

KerryS

Ignored Member
I’ll miss the last three games. Not because I want to but I have Dish for my tv provider. With the Mariners tied for a wildcard spot and three games left dish decides to get into a dispute with Root Sports and drops the channel.

I was just starting to come around too. With the ownership renewing Dipoto’s and Servais’ contracts there wasn’t much to complain about. Servais even made the best managerial move of his career by sitting Kikuchi down his last start.

Old Man

A very Old Man
I’ll miss the last three games. Not because I want to but I have Dish for my tv provider. With the Mariners tied for a wildcard spot and three games left dish decides to get into a dispute with Root Sports and drops the channel.

I was just starting to come around too. With the ownership renewing Dipoto’s and Servais’ contracts there wasn’t much to complain about. Servais even made the best managerial move of his career by sitting Kikuchi down his last start.
Why in the hell did you end up with this shitty service. I got it last year and have been kicking myself in the ass ever since. Have to wait for another year to go back to cable. I haven't watched a baseball game since I got dish. And in the winter time, this useless service shuts it's self down several times on a shitty night. Most sports are none showing

They say to recommend somebody to this shitty service. I tell all my friends not to take it. It really sucks. And here in Montana. They preempt football games on Saturday's for the local teams on CBS and ABC. Montana and Montana State.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I have had DirecTv for ~25 years. Does not work when snowing or REALLY hard down pours. Only a couple of times has there been a contractual dispute like what @KerryS is describing.

Look at Fubo? You get a week free trial. Watch on your computer or smart TV. Some annoying stuff pops up so send them $5 and that goes away...

Just a thought to watch the M's win all the rest of the games...

Last edited:

KerryS

Ignored Member
I have had DirecTv for ~25 years. Does not work when snowing or REALLY hard down pours. Only a couple of times has there been a contractual dispute like what @KerryS is describing.

Look at Fubo? You get a week free trial. Watch on your computer or smart TV. Some annoying stuff pops up so send them $5 and that goes away...

Just a thought to watch the M's win all the rest of the games...
I had direct for awhile, they suck. Dish sucks and so does the cable company. I’ve had them all and they all suck.

duggiefresh

We used to have streaming services, but with blackout restrictions and other legalize it got harder and harder watching games. If y’all don’t mind streaming MLB games - mlb66.ir

It has all major league games.

Note the domain. NOT .com but .ir

Gyrfalcon21

Baseball ramble.. about the 106-54 Giants.

It has been a great year to be a Giants fan. I don't care if they fizzle out. They have recent rings.
Dodgers are still the favorite to win the series. Eh, I hope not.

Been months of fun watching them try in the rearview mirror while they eat the Giants' dust !

Thanks for the letting me run off this coffee rant. I never drink it. haha

Edit: I jinxed them

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Anyone but the Dodgers for the NL, Yankees for the AL.

Hate the LA Dodgers (Brooklyn, before my time, but loved the players they had), Rick Monday destroying Expos dreams, Tommy Lasorda with his spit and dribble, Mr.Clean, Steve Garvey - have to admit, the Kirk Gibson moment was pretty special, but overall, Yuch!!!!

... And the Yankees, well, they're the Yankees, NISM.

I stated above 7 and 2 gave the Ms a chance, they have lost the 2, so now need to win the remaining 2 and need help from the Nats (hate the Nats, stole my Expos, but I'll put that aside). It's still possible, though certainly more unlikely after last night's silent bats.

cheers

Gyrfalcon21

Anyone but the Dodgers for the NL, Yankees for the AL.

Hate the LA Dodgers (Brooklyn, before my time, but loved the players they had), Rick Monday destroying Expos dreams, Tommy Lasorda with his spit and dribble, Mr.Clean, Steve Garvey - have to admit, the Kirk Gibson moment was pretty special, but overall, Yuch!!!!

... And the Yankees, well, they're the Yankees, NISM.

I stated above 7 and 2 gave the Ms a chance, they have lost the 2, so now need to win the remaining 2 and need help from the Nats (hate the Nats, stole my Expos, but I'll put that aside). It's still possible, though certainly more unlikely after last night's silent bats.

cheers
The thing about the last week of a baseball season, teams that have sucked all year suddenly have life and those are games I would never ever bet on, if I was a betting fool. Maybe pressure is off, maybe late call ups trying to make a statement for next year. Not sure. Nats could do it.

Seeing Eckersley get crushed by the heroic swing by Gibson was special, yes !

Swimmy

Just going to sneak this in.

807a2ce3645041c4854bbf34e58e1b9a.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts