NFR 2021 Baseball

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
Mariners aren't good enough to do it on their own.

Boston or New York....please shit the bed for the sake of mariners baseball.
So...which ever one shits the bed, does that mean they're not good enough?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
Mariners aren't good enough to do it on their own.

Boston or New York....please shit the bed for the sake of mariners baseball.
Or...they need the Mariners to lose because they're not good enough!

Got it!

Peyton00

So...which ever one shits the bed, does that mean they're not good enough?

It means they previously didn't win enough games to not rely on others failures to prosper.

To keep it simple, if Boston or New York lose the next game and seattle wins....Seattle's winning record is better, so they advance over the team(s) that recorded a loss.

Your last post indicates you have a general understanding of how it works.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
Review the standings for the league, you will see there are many teams (not just the 3 as you think) that are not good enough.
We weren't talking about the others. But now that we are it would seem that every team needs others to lose to be good enough.

Peyton00

We weren't talking about the others. But now that we are it would seem that every team needs others to lose to be good enough.

I thought you understood then you make that statement.
During a playoff run, many teams can still win, but won't have enough wins to advance.

Look up baseball standings and see how many "games back" a team is, and you can see with only 1 game left, some teams winning a game does nothing to help them move forward. They win today, but they are so far behind(games back) they don't qualify for the playoffs.

Seattle is on the bubble, they are not good enough to make it without Boston or New York losing and seattle needing a win today to advance.

Just watch the game and i can explain the playoffs and potential for sudden death games after today's games are done.

KerryS

Ignored Member
I thought you understood then you make that statement.
During a playoff run, many teams can still win, but won't have enough wins to advance.

Look up baseball standings and see how many "games back" a team is, and you can see with only 1 game left, some teams winning a game does nothing to help them move forward. They win today, but they are so far behind(games back) they don't qualify for the playoffs.

Seattle is on the bubble, they are not good enough to make it without Boston or New York losing and seattle needing a win today to advance.

Just watch the game and i can explain the playoffs and potential for sudden death games after today's games are done.
You haven’t explained anything. You have voiced an opinion that is flawed.

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
Getcher crow here. We got boiled crow, roasted crow, crow with tofu and eggplant. Anyway you want it. We aim to please.
It didn't happen folks. No baseball team earns the playoffs with a -51 run differential. Next year will be tough for the Ms unless they find some hitting. Good luck next year.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
This year the M's surprised everyone. They did way better than expected. They usually are trying not to be in last place or maybe to have a winning season.

Now that they have a 'taste' of success; a winning season and a chance at the playoffs, it provides a base to improve from. A couple of trades or using their farm club, and better attitudes, and next year could be even better. At least that is how I like to view it rather than the bah-humbug they are not good enough..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts