NFR 2021 Baseball

Swimmy

Maybe they should enlist the aid of the Cyber Ninjas to audit the score for about 6 months.

I know you try to be edgy and funny. It's not really working. Rather you come off as a beatdown.

How about you take a lap, regroup, and come back with a new schtick? Cool.
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Swimmy

My power was out. I listened to it on the radio. What a wonderful way to ingest a game.

Go Sox,
cds

Helluva game. Sometimes the breaks don't go your way. I've never seen a play like that and might be nice to give the umpires a little more discretion.

What if he would've kicked the ball and it went over the fence? Still a ground rule double?

Anyway, playoff baseball is so money. Most games are great and you hang on every pitch.

Yard Sale

Huge Member
My power was out. I listened to it on the radio. What a wonderful way to ingest a game.

Go Sox,
cds

LOVE to have a baseball game on when tying flies. I usually don't even watch much, just at key moments.

Kruk and Kuip, with Jon Miller and Dave Flemming are the best crew in the business but I don't think Kruk is going to make it much longer.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Helluva game. Sometimes the breaks don't go your way. I've never seen a play like that and might be nice to give the umpires a little more discretion.

What if he would've kicked the ball and it went over the fence? Still a ground rule double?

Anyway, playoff baseball is so money. Most games are great and you hang on every pitch.

That's a double, no robbing about it. If it hadn't hit the wall then ground, then home run. If it doesn't touch the ground - home run - get to know the rules big fella.

Harold explains it well:

Edit to add Harold

cheers

Charles Sullivan

A little C&P from the Boston Globe for those who don't know about the play:

The apt rule was right there on page 23 or so.

Baseball Rule 5.05(a)(8) states: “Any bounding fair ball is deflected by the fielder into the stands, or over or under a fence on fair or foul territory, in which case the batter and all runners shall be entitled to advance two bases.”

That put Díaz at third, Kiermiaer at second and the Rays out of luck. Mike Zunino struck out the next at-bat to end the inning, and Boston’s Christian Vázquez hit a two-run, walk-off homer in the bottom of the 13th of a 6-4 Red Sox win.

Umpire crew chief Sam Holbrook isn’t among those eager to see a change.

“I like it,” he said. “It’s cut and dried from an umpire’s standpoint. It’s been that way ever since I came in the game. I don’t see any need to change it.”

Go Sox,
cds

Hem

Apparantly i missed some good baseball.
Red Sox this years sleeper?
Instead I chose to weather the weather. 20211010_115706.jpg

East Coaster

As a Sox fan who suffered many, many years prior to 2004, the strangest thing about that play was that it was the Rays who suffered because of the funny bounce, not the Sox. The luck switch seems to have flipped after Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. :)

Swimmy

That's a double, no robbing about it. If it hadn't hit the wall then ground, then home run. If it doesn't touch the ground - home run - get to know the rules big fella.

Thanks. I'd never seen that play happen. The umps were quick to make the call so I assumed it was in the rules.

When I said robbed, I meant just a shitty break.

Swimmy

LOVE to have a baseball game on when tying flies. I usually don't even watch much, just at key moments.

Kruk and Kuip, with Jon Miller and Dave Flemming are the best crew in the business but I don't think Kruk is going to make it much longer.

Kruk, wasn't he the guy that once said "I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player."
Au2jkNg6_o.gif

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts