NFR 2021 Baseball

smc

(my baseball fantasy today-a bit tongue in cheek, so don't get too worked up !)

So...tonight the Dodgers are too chicken to just play baseball straight up, they have to go with the trickery..start a relief pitcher to mess with the batters and then bring in the only MLB 20 game winner since 2016 in Urias. Wow! Dodgers are playing cheap and have little confidence to just give the ball to Urias and see if he goes 9 innings. Old school. Nope.

They are playing scared and I hope it bites them in the ass!

Maybe they can phone the Astro's and get the garbage banging code? Get Belichick on the horn and find out best cameras to plant.

I am half-kidding, sorta...

I get it, last year's World Series championship was tainted to high heaven. 60 game season, neutral game playoff locations, no fans. It sucked. SF's Posey never even played last year.
LA is desperate to prove it can win even without about $70 million a year in two no shows on the mound in Kershaw and Bauer, and the need to pay a lead off hitter a salary that will average over $30 million a year for a 12 years. Bring in Scherzer and Turner at trade deadline for more security blankets. If only they could bring in A-Roid to make it a perfect hate-able package.

My wish (that no one is still here to read so I will let it fly), the Giants could bring in Bob Gibson to drill a few temples to make a point with the Dodgers. Bust up a few ribs. Then hit a few more. Ok. Not Pujols. He is a nice guy and too BIG. Managers Kapler -musclebound fitness freak vs scrappy Roberts would be a good one!

I played baseball and pitched. Recreational summer stuff. My later big catcher had broken my leg years years earlier in little league when we played on different teams in a rundown. He played hard. Our team always played against the bigger city kids next town over. When I pitched, the big catcher occasionally gave me the one signal (fastball), and then point over to the batter. Someone he didn't like.

I was supposed to hit him.

I would shake it off. I would get a more animated "ONE-POINT POINT POINT!" at batter.

Ponder. Throw.

I don't think I ever intentionally came thru and hit anyone with my maaybe at best, 79 mph "fastball."

Today, I ponder again...

I will say this, if I pictured a 2021 game 5 Dodger in the box, I would have thrown a couple of slow roundhouse curveballs to get them comfortable and leaning out over the plate, and tried my 17 year-old best to drill that dude with a 79.9 mph!!

No "ONE-Point-POINT-POINT" needed.

Go Giants !!!!

View attachment 298539
Go Dodgers!

Yard Sale

Huge Member
(my baseball fantasy today-a bit tongue in cheek, so don't get too worked up !)

So...tonight the Dodgers are too chicken to just play baseball straight up, they have to go with the trickery..start a relief pitcher to mess with the batters and then bring in the only MLB 20 game winner since 2016 in Urias. Wow! Dodgers are playing cheap and have little confidence to just give the ball to Urias and see if he goes 9 innings. Old school. Nope.

They are playing scared and I hope it bites them in the ass!

Maybe they can phone the Astro's and get the garbage banging code? Get Belichick on the horn and find out best cameras to plant.

I am half-kidding, sorta...

I get it, last year's World Series championship was tainted to high heaven. 60 game season, neutral game playoff locations, no fans. It sucked. SF's Posey never even played last year.
LA is desperate to prove it can win even without about $70 million a year in two no shows on the mound in Kershaw and Bauer, and the need to pay a lead off hitter a salary that will average over $30 million a year for a 12 years. Bring in Scherzer and Turner at trade deadline for more security blankets. If only they could bring in A-Roid to make it a perfect hate-able package.

My wish (that no one is still here to read so I will let it fly), the Giants could bring in Bob Gibson to drill a few temples to make a point with the Dodgers. Bust up a few ribs. Then hit a few more. Ok. Not Pujols. He is a nice guy and too BIG. Managers Kapler -musclebound fitness freak vs scrappy Roberts would be a good battle!

I played baseball and pitched. Recreational summer stuff. My later big catcher had broken my leg years years earlier in little league when we played on different teams in a rundown. He played hard. Our team always played against the bigger city kids next town over. When I pitched, the big catcher occasionally gave me the one signal (fastball), and then point over to the batter. Someone he didn't like.

I was supposed to hit him.

I would shake it off. I would get a more animated "ONE-POINT POINT POINT!" at batter.

Ponder. Throw.

I don't think I ever intentionally came thru and hit anyone with my maaybe at best, 79 mph "fastball."

Today, I ponder again...

I will say this, if I pictured a 2021 game 5 Dodger in the box, I would have thrown a couple of slow roundhouse curveballs to get them comfortable and leaning out over the plate, and tried my 17 year-old best to drill that dude with a 79.9 mph!!

No "ONE-Point-POINT-POINT" needed.

Go Giants !!!!

View attachment 298539
The funny part is their “opener” has pretty even L/R splits.

Only big change is Giants go with LaStella at lead off. He’s hurt and wouldn’t have played much anyway.

Webb’s first start was as good as it gets. If he can repeat it he starts his legend for a franchise full of them.

Go Gigantes!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts