fishing alone classic colorado XT pontoon

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Agree with Jay, totally doable. That said, I did break my frame on the methow years ago in the middle of a decent rapid. Classic Accessories replaced the entire boat as a warranty replacement, but it wasn't fun having a weld pop in the middle of a rapid. Wasn't an XT, just the plain old colorado, so take that for what it's worth. The replacement has gone on the same float and many others since then with no issues.

sorry guys, i was looking at the wrong colorado, i thought bass pro was selling the xt but it' s just the regular colorado. on sale for 519.00 would i be crazy if i wanted to bring my 77 lb black lab? put her on the back? I had a pontoon boat yrs ago and put a 4' piece of 3/4 inch plywood across the back, drilled a few holes and tied it sercurly to the frame. seemed to work ok. i'm gonna check with classic to see if they have larger storage cages.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Want to say it depends on how big you are. I weigh in around 210, and I'd hesitate to put a whole lot more weight on the back. When I have the platform fully loaded and anchor hooked up, it rides back heavy, even with the seat pushed as far forward as it can go.

If I threw 75 pounds on the back it wouldn't be ideal.

SinglehandJay

Misanthropist
sorry guys, i was looking at the wrong colorado, i thought bass pro was selling the xt but it' s just the regular colorado. on sale for 519.00 would i be crazy if i wanted to bring my 77 lb black lab? put her on the back? I had a pontoon boat yrs ago and put a 4' piece of 3/4 inch plywood across the back, drilled a few holes and tied it sercurly to the frame. seemed to work ok. i'm gonna check with classic to see if they have larger storage cages.
Depending on your size and weight it might be pushing it for even the xt

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
There is an 11' Bucks Bronco Extreme for sale at a great price on WFF. It is a great pontoon boat. About same price for a new Colorado. May be longer than you want but will handle you, the dog, and anything else you want to throw on it.

Yes i saw that. Thanks. I might try to set somethink up but i wont go anywhrte nesr pdx. Donkeys at classic dont even give a weight capacity on their description on their site. Had to go to a different site.
400 lbs. Capacity on the colorado im 210 pup77.

Last edited:
i don't think my dog being 11 will be too thrilled to get on it. She's spoiled, we once had a brand new paid for 2011 18' lowe roughneck cc and 50 merc. i had it made, fishing the columbia, cowlitz and hunted ducks out of it. Then i got real stupid real fast. traded it and my 4 speed stick '94 f150 to drive a better truck.

Last edited:

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Yes i saw that. Thanks. I might try to set somethink up but i wont go anywhrte nesr pdx. Stupid ppl at class dont even give eeight capacity on their description on their site. Had to go to a different site.
400 lbs. Capacity on the colorado im 210 pup77.
Might be worth calling classic. Their shop is in renton (I think). When mine broke they were super helpful and easy to get in touch with.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts