Couldn't find Christmas present thread ?

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
I think you will like that setup. I did the remix r2 winter before last, and just added the remix 5+, which is the same. The liquid and remix take the same spools, and I think the same drag. It seems to have a short breakin period for the drag , or I just got used to it. Two rods with options. 20210407_100424.jpg

Adam Saarinen

I’m curious about the drag
Will it hold up to a large fish?
Could it handle a hot steelhead for instance?
Did you change your name? I mean the profile pic i remember & always liked your take no shit Attitude from spam posters. As for something that's gonna run on that real? Can't say. What i do know is, reels for pike are just to hold the line, they won't run. Big ones will pull hard, but you can hang on to them. Big wt# rods are mostly for the big flies. But big ones will bend them like a banana too when they want to go deep & you don't let em.

Dr. Magill

Did you change your name? I mean the profile pic i remember & always liked your take no shit Attitude from spam posters. As for something that's gonna run on that real? Can't say. What i do know is, reels for pike are just to hold the line, they won't run. Big ones will pull hard, but you can hang on to them. Big wt# rods are mostly for the big flies. But big ones will bend them like a banana too when they want to go deep & you don't let em.
Hi Adam - I went back to my original name of Dr. Magill - it was Jamie before. I'm entering the Tiger Musky game here in Washington and was just wondering if a reel like those here could handle the Tiger Musky and maybe a fish like a small Tarpon or something similar.
Those spammer jerks can't take the heat if you call them out - that's why I do it.
Nice to hear from you.

Adam Saarinen

@Dr. Magill I'm sure they would be fine for tiger musky. If they are anything like pike? They won't do any big runs, but big ones will just be a stuburn pig & won't give. Big wt rods are mostly for the big flies. Price of gear pisses be off these days. It's a waste of money to buy cheap shit, but Hi end stuff is ahhhhh! Have fun, but watch out for their teeth, i got bit once.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts