Golf Shaft Technology In Fly Rods (or visa versa)

Jockurr

WFF Supporter
Replying to BriGuy....^^^

Why not?
1. A hook is nothing but a curve cast.
2. A slice is nothing but a reach cast.
3. A lost ball is a long line release.
4. The longest drive of the day is a 25" fish that's actually a 18"
5. An ice cold beer tastes great after both.

See......all in all its pretty simple. No worries go for it. You'll clear the water...easy 7 wt/iron.
The kicker? We all dress funny when recreating. A Trey Combs favorite word in his great book.

BriGuy

Replying to BriGuy....^^^

Why not?
1. A hook is nothing but a curve cast.
2. A slice is nothing but a reach cast.
3. A lost ball is a long line release.
4. The longest drive of the day is a 25" fish that's actually a 18"
5. An ice cold beer tastes great after both.

See......all in all its pretty simple. No worries go for it. You'll clear the water...easy 7 wt/iron.
The kicker? We all dress funny when recreating. A Trey Combs favorite word in his great book.
Ha ha. Nice comparison. I definitely agree on points 3-5. However, curve and reach casts are usually done on demand. Hooks and slices are curses from Satan.

Please allow me to add:

7. @$#%&**%$ is a verb, an exclaimation, and an adjective commonly used in both pursuits.

Tight lines and long drives.

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Years ago I tried to get a WFF Open going, where we would golf at maple valley in the AM then hit the cedar in the evening. I had a conflict come up and it fell through, but we should do that again.

Trophy lake is pretty fun too. Never have tried fishing for those stocker bows but there were some pigs in there last time I played.

David Loy

Senior Moment
GOTY, if you scare up some interest, I’d join the group. Would love to see an annual low key “meet & greet” event.

dustinchromers

Years ago I tried to get a WFF Open going, where we would golf at maple valley in the AM then hit the cedar in the evening. I had a conflict come up and it fell through, but we should do that again.

Trophy lake is pretty fun too. Never have tried fishing for those stocker bows but there were some pigs in there last time I played.

I've never played Trophy Lakes. Always been intrigued.

GOTY

I've never played Trophy Lakes. Always been intrigued.
Its been a while since I've played it, maybe ten years? But definitely a solid course and was reasonably priced if I remember right.

I don’t golf, but I could be a cart driver or bartender if the timing works for my schedule.
I work for cheap..... ;)
SF

Would love to see you playing cart girl and flirting for tips.

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
I'd play. Grew up playing and recently dove back in after not picking up my sticks in 15yrs since I was in the SoCal desert the last 6mo. My Mizuno blades were a rude awakening after not hitting them for so long... New tech even on 'players' clubs and graphite shafts are a wonder.

Room to build a simulator somewhere is high on the list of needs as we are house shopping. Hitting on a Trackman is very addictive to the quantitatively oriented approach to golf.

dustinchromers

Its been a while since I've played it, maybe ten years? But definitely a solid course and was reasonably priced if I remember right.

Would love to see you playing cart girl and flirting for tips.

So what's the deal here. You slice one off towards the pond and while looking for your ball you see a big hog just slurping down hoppers so you quickly assemble your rod and get one in front of him while the group behind plays through?

GOTY

So what's the deal here. You slice one off towards the pond and while looking for your ball you see a big hog just slurping down hoppers so you quickly assemble your rod and get one in front of him while the group behind plays through?
You don't keep an assembled rod in your bag? Bro you've been golfing wrong. Golf course ponds often have bass or carp. Sometimes rainbows.

For trophy lake I think you can rent a rod from the pro shop and pay a fee to fish the ponds for a set amount of time or something. I've never done that but do have vivid memories of 20"+ rainbows swimming in those ponds.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts