Golf Shaft Technology In Fly Rods (or visa versa)

NW_flyfisher

if it's not this, then what?
For most, if not all fish, we will never need a casting speed of 120mph even to get the line out further. If we did then some line manufacturers will have to beef up the lines to handle the power and the flies need to be really tied securely.
In addition, who wants to carry 14 rods with varying lengths?

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
For trophy lake I think you can rent a rod from the pro shop and pay a fee to fish the ponds for a set amount of time or something. I've never done that but do have vivid memories of 20"+ rainbows swimming in those ponds.
Yep, they have some serviceable rods you can rent. Played a scramble there a few years back and after our round between when we finished and when the dinner started I snuck in 20 minutes. Didn't bring any flies, so did my best with the royal coachman they had tied onto the rental.
It's normally $15/Hr to fish the pond. The guy said to call and ask when they stock it if you want to catch it when it's best.

Peyton00

I've done pretty well at High Cedars down in Orting. My buddy works there so we have gone fishing quite a few times over the years

David Loy

Senior Moment
I’ve played Trophy Lake a few times, but not many. They do have fly rods to borrow or rent in the pro shop. I get the impression that they’re almost ornamental. I’m sure occasionally some guys actually fish the ponds but I’ve never seen it. My guess is some locals maybe do on special occasions. Decent course though, more importantly. I don’t imagine the group behind you would appreciate a 30 minute “time out” watching you thrash the water.
I’d be happy to meet some of you clowns ;-), at any course.

dustinchromers

You don't keep an assembled rod in your bag? Bro you've been golfing wrong. Golf course ponds often have bass or carp. Sometimes rainbows.

For trophy lake I think you can rent a rod from the pro shop and pay a fee to fish the ponds for a set amount of time or something. I've never done that but do have vivid memories of 20"+ rainbows swimming in those ponds.

I'll bring my own sticks. I just like the idea of the combo pass. If golf is sucking get to fishing.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts