FS 9mm ammo for sale and trade

Jeff46

Hi all. I have about 700 rounds of 9mm target ammo for sale at $.75 cents a round. It’s crazy times for ammo but that’s about .25 cents a round cheaper than you can buy if you can find it. I drove all the way to E Montana to get some for my personal stash but went a little overboard. That’s $38 a box of 50 or $150 per 200 rounds, if you buy 200 rounds or more. Various brands; Blazer, Winchester, etc.

Also looking to trade for a 10 mm or a Beretta 92 with more ammo or ammo + cash.
Thanks all

Attachments

• 4406361E-5494-4CF2-AF64-3673E9D92D48.jpeg
    4406361E-5494-4CF2-AF64-3673E9D92D48.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

Hendodesign

Good god. Glad I reload and stocked up on primers and powder a couple years ago. Imagine paying .75 a round for target 9mm
Seriously ... .75 a trigger pull gets expensive fast. Guess the days of $8-10 for a 50 round box of 9mm plinking ammo is long gone.

Brandon

Floatin'
Seriously ... .75 a trigger pull gets expensive fast. Guess the days of $8-10 for a 50 round box of 9mm plinking ammo is long gone.
I don’t think it’s anywhere near gone.

Manufacturers are ramping up production as much as possible, 1.00 per round isn’t surprising considering how much COVID has impacted operations but it will drop right back down within the next year or two.

Hendodesign

I don’t think it’s anywhere near gone.

Manufacturers are ramping up production as much as possible, 1.00 per round isn’t surprising considering how much COVID has impacted operations but it will drop right back down within the next year or two.
I've seen it first hand. I wish I would have bought more 12GA 00 buckshot because I haven't seen a box in over a year.

Brandon

Floatin'
I've seen it first hand. I wish I would have bought more 12GA 00 buckshot because I haven't seen a box in over a year.
My local Walmart has had birdshot for .25 cents a round, which happened a couple months ago for the first time since Covid hit.

I’ve also found 00 and 000 online, but you’re right it’s disgustingly priced right now. I got some at a pawn shop last year but it’s hit or miss, and sometimes they jack up the price like any other store.

Luckily I’ve also bought some decent 9 mil recently for .50 cents a round, just keep an eye on gunbroker. For that price it sells out very fast.

Overall, it’s terrible right now but I think with time it will continue to improve.

Last edited:

Chic Worthing

WFF Supporter
Our reloading supplier in Spokane said the problem starts with primers. He said the primer problem go back to the production of the metals for the primers. He was also told by his supplier that he will not be seeing any primers for more than one year. Now this is just one person in the chain of rhe sale of these products. I have reduced the amount of skeet shooting I do but I am still shooting at least 6 boxes of shotgun shells a week = 150 primers.

Powder is in reduced supply but the source is not dried up.

I will have to fish more.

Josh

dead in the water
WFF Moderator
I wonder why more people haven't stepped in and started primer manufacturing. Is it overly complicated? It's not like this is a NEW issue. Every time people start hoarding ammo, it happens.

Chic Worthing

WFF Supporter
Josh, There would be some high start up costs. I don't think that there are many made in the US. There used to be a plant that made them in Idaho outside of Lewiston. I have been using Fiocchi brand, made in Italy. There is limited sources of Powder available. Wads are not a problem but shot is also in short supply. I have about 4K+ of wheel weights and a shot maker but I just don't have the desire to get into the process.

And hording ammo is not the Issue, there just is a very short supply.

Last edited:

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
Josh, There would be some high start up costs. I don't think that there are many made in the US. There used to be a plant that made them in Idaho outside of Lewiston. I have been using Fiocchi brand, made in Italy. There is limited sources of Powder available. Wads are not a problem but shot is also in short supply. I have about 4K+ of wheel weights and a shot maker but I just don't have the desire to get into the process.

And hording ammo is not the Issue, there just is a very short supply.
Chic, which shot maker do you have? Have you fired it up?

Chic Worthing

WFF Supporter
I can't remember the brand. I think I have 2 different ones L got it going years ago. The orifices were for size 7 shot. I remember a guy that made a whole system that was automatic. Well he couldn't just walk off and let it run. He made long ingots of lead and that had to be replaced as it was spent but the rest of the unit operated on it's own. Was pretty well thought out.I used waste hydraulic fluid that I got from a car dealer for cooling the shot. I never did get size 9 dribblers.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts