FS New Berkheimer 590 DAL Vintage Trout Rod

MT_Flyfisher

This rod is brand new and never used (except lawn cast). It is Burkheimer’s most popular trout rod, with some custom upgrades that I bought in the middle of last summer. It is a 9’ 5 wt rod in the Vintage style with a dark green color blank, with an upgraded burled walnut reel seat, and an upgraded cork handle and smoke guides (matching the reel seat).

I think you’ll agree with me that this is one beautiful rod - see the pictures. However, as the rod’s descriptive name DAL - Deep Action Load - implies, it is a bit too fast for my preference

This rod cost $915.00. I will sell it for $700.00, with shipping included the lower 48, and actual shipping costs elsewhere.

004288E2-C4DA-4CD3-9D7D-FBC7E5137F4E.jpeg
33645045-371F-4FAD-834D-7AF36E0215B9.jpeg

slow_floccer

I think you’ll agree with me that this is one beautiful rod - see the pictures. However, as the rod’s descriptive name DAL - Deep Action Load - implies, it is a bit too fast for my preference

Pretty rod indeed!

Interesting comment about the action..... I've always been under the impression that the DAL action was considered slower than most modern rods.

MT_Flyfisher

Pretty rod indeed!

Interesting comment about the action..... I've always been under the impression that the DAL action was considered slower than most modern rods.
You may be right, except that my other newer (modern) rods are Winston Airs, which I really like - many others would not - and the Burkheimer is faster by comparison to them. Could be that in my old age I’m also slower than most younger, modern fishermen. :)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts