Pass Lake question

kyle

I have a dumb question. Im going camping with the family at Deception Pass state park this weekend. I see there is a Pass Lake right in the park. Is this the Pass Lake everyone talks about fishing. Is it worth it to fish from shore at all or do you need to get out there in a tube to be successful?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’ve seen people fish off the shore at the launch area and catch fish.
With that said, it is spring so if you do so expect folks to be launching their tubes, boats and pontoons.

Common courtesy would be to pause your fishing until they launch as the launch area isn’t really that wide.
On the flip side, if someone backs down to the launch and takes an hour to assemble their gear before launching, fish away.
SF

Last edited:

kyle

Thanks for the information. It's mostly a family camping trip I just thought maybe Id have a chance to wet a line. I might check out that cranberry lake. I have a pontoon but it's a one-man and my Sorenson project is nowhere near complete.

Old Man

A very Old Man
Thanks for the information. It's mostly a family camping trip I just thought maybe Id have a chance to wet a line. I might check out that cranberry lake. I have a pontoon but it's a one-man and my Sorenson project is nowhere near complete.
Just use your "One" man pontoon. That's what everybody uses there.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
Bring the family on the lighthouse walk on the North Side, absolutely spectacular....

kyle

Bring the family on the lighthouse walk on the North Side, absolutely spectacular....
Hey thanks for the tip I will do that. We have three days to kill. One of which is the tulip festival which I’ve successfully avoided for the last 10ish years.

Skipm3

I have a dumb question. Im going camping with the family at Deception Pass state park this weekend. I see there is a Pass Lake right in the park. Is this the Pass Lake everyone talks about fishing. Is it worth it to fish from shore at all or do you need to get out there in a tube to be successful?
Actually, the Lake in the State park is Cranberry Lake and there is quite a lot of fishable shoreline. Pass Lake is a couple of miles North.

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
@SaltintheDesert
“Trout are less hesitant to eat chironomid patterns below the surface before the insects emerge as midges, and a wide variety of chironomid nymphs – preferably with beadheads – will get the job done nicely.

“Fishing leech patterns are another staple technique at Pass Lake, particularly if you’re looking to catch some of the bigger trout in the lake. Fish your leeches on a sinking line (type IV is usually a go-to at Pass), and try stripping them in at varying speeds.

Spring Fly Fishing on Pass Lake​

“Spring brings some of the best fly fishing of the year to the lake, as fish reawaken hungry from the winter doldrums and start to eat again. Chironomid nymphs make up the bulk of the fishing, but you’ll see some occasional emergers on the surface as well.

“Don’t be afraid to fish a streamer later in the spring as fish become more aggressive – it can be a great way to catch some of the bigger trout in the lake.

Source: https://www.bestfishinginamerica.com/washington-pass-lake-fly-fishing.html

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts