Pass Lake question

bchapman

“Trout are less hesitant to eat chironomid patterns below the surface before the insects emerge as midges, and a wide variety of chironomid nymphs – preferably with beadheads – will get the job done nicely.

Chironomid nymphs make up the bulk of the fishing,

Just a note, there is no such thing as a chironomid nymph. There's larva, pupa and adult. I assume this is meant to say pupa. That aside, frankly, I'm not sure what the first piece of advice even means.

1618585209732.png

East Coaster

Just a note, there is no such thing as a chironomid nymph. There's larva, pupa and adult.
From an entomology standpoint, this is correct, but from a flyfishing standpoint, "nymph" is pretty generally used to describe sub-surface flies intended to imitate the pre-emergent stages of aquatic insects. The quotes that were provided are in the context of flyfishing. Most folks I know would call a caddis or midge pupa pattern a "nymph" (vs. a "wet", "dry" or "streamer") and would only use "pupa" if they were trying to be specific in describing the pattern. YMMV.......

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Again, my advice is just to bE good!!! GET IT DONE. I know how it is! What you have to understand here is if you're not good you're never git good!! Just give up!! This is a natural 'BILITY reserved only for talented elite!! I HAVE that 'bility!!
The idea of shortening ability for 'bility is making me so happy. Almost as good as shortening "of the clock" to o'clock. You really do GET IT DONE.

SERE Nate

I caught some large brown trout there from a pontoon along the bank where the road parallels the lake. Might be able to find a few spots to cast from there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts