Eastside fishing report

dp

~El Pescador
Man, what a difference 24 hours can make. I delayed coming over to fish on Sunday instead of Saturday.
People who had spent the night in the parking lot were talking about how strong the wind was.
some said they got on the water really early and were blown off by 9:00.
Sunday was beautiful. The wind came up later in the afternoon but it was not a nuisance.
The Skamania FF club was there too, but most were in the process of leaving - they had had enough.

I got a few fish trolling and stripping my typical flies of choice - olive and black were the colors.
I tried for the surface sippers, but my line that said it was a sink tip was actually a floater, so I didn't try for too long.
I watched a few people chiro fishing and doing OK, so I spent the afternoon chiro fishing.
after no action with a few different colors, I found the right combination and starting hooking fish - bobber down as Steve says.
it went down quite a few times actually and fishing was steady, even thru the 2:00-4:00 time line and I actually got off the water at 5:00.

Fish ranged from 14-16 inches and also a few of the new plants (probably 11-12 inches).
nice looking fish with plenty of fight.
Talked with a few guys on the water including one guy (jgw? I think) from here.

20+ fish day - it was a good day.

tight lines and back on the 18th/19th. Then fishing Back to the Wall on the 20th. then ship off to Maui for a week. Nice April!

jwg

Man, what a difference 24 hours can make. I delayed coming over to fish on Sunday instead of Saturday.
People who had spent the night in the parking lot were talking about how strong the wind was.
some said they got on the water really early and were blown off by 9:00.
Sunday was beautiful. The wind came up later in the afternoon but it was not a nuisance.
The Skamania FF club was there too, but most were in the process of leaving - they had had enough.

I got a few fish trolling and stripping my typical flies of choice - olive and black were the colors.
I tried for the surface sippers, but my line that said it was a sink tip was actually a floater, so I didn't try for too long.
I watched a few people chiro fishing and doing OK, so I spent the afternoon chiro fishing.
after no action with a few different colors, I found the right combination and starting hooking fish - bobber down as Steve says.
it went down quite a few times actually and fishing was steady, even thru the 2:00-4:00 time line and I actually got off the water at 5:00.

Fish ranged from 14-16 inches and also a few of the new plants (probably 11-12 inches).
nice looking fish with plenty of fight.
Talked with a few guys on the water including one guy (jgw? I think) from here.

20+ fish day - it was a good day.

tight lines and back on the 18th/19th. Then fishing Back to the Wall on the 20th. then ship off to Maui for a week. Nice April!
Nice seeing you there dp, and reading this report on your full day

Jay

jwg

@dp
Saturday was another nice day, light bite all day but afternoon was the best again.

A sample in late morning showed daphnia and small dark nondescript chironomids.

A small red thread chironomid was my best producer, and others confirmed similar choices.

Winds were light or nonexistent and rotten vegetation/algae was rising to the top all over the lake in the sun.

Jay

dp

~El Pescador
ended up fishing from shore on saturday from roughly 11-1. no love throwing buggers and then the wind came up and had to fish past the inlet in the little cove. had 3 take downs on the indi and landed one of them. small black snocone chiro

Reactions: jwg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts