Whiting Streamer/Deceiver capes

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I actually grabbed some black and yellow griz to play around with. I'll still keep my eye out elsewhere for ya.

it might be too short for me, but that's relatively easy to work around.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Makes me sad Ted's is gone. They used to let us get special orders from anyone they bought regularly from. The entire hareline catalog was available. Ditto metz and whiting.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
I actually grabbed some black and yellow griz to play around with. I'll still keep my eye out elsewhere for ya.

it might be too short for me, but that's relatively easy to work around.

I've seen Muskie flies tied using these feathers in the 9-10" range.

How much bigger are you going?

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Yeah, scratch this whole stupid thread. Got a streamer pack in the mail today. Not what I'm looking for. It is the Whiting American Rooster Cape that I'm after. Thankfully, Galloup has a few at the Slide.

Clarkman, see if you can find these at your shop. It will make way more sense for your muskie flies when you see the size of some of the feathers.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Are you talking the full Rooster Saddles? Usually like 30 bucks a piece? Like the tails in this? View attachment 278318

Yep, that's it.

Last night I went through some of my old feathers, found a few leftovers, and tied this up. These aren't the biggest but you get the idea.

001(58).jpg

Today I'm gonna tighten a few things up.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Yep, that's it.

Last night I went through some of my old feathers, found a few leftovers, and tied this up. These aren't the biggest but you get the idea.

001(58).jpg

Today I'm gonna tighten a few things up.
Check eBay. I found some craft lady that sold me three Whiting capes for like 35 bucks. The two I got in black were gorgeous. She stated they had a few feathers missing but she must have meant like two or three cause they were full. I also got a red laced one. Can often ask for pics before buying.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts