Wading Boots for Wide Feet?

Cliff

Hello, I am looking to purchase some wading boots and I'm looking for opinions. I wear a size 9E street shoe and in some brands a 9EE. I will be wearing new Simms G3 stockingfoot waders. I want to make sure I can find a boot that allows my toes to splay out enough, which is sometimes a problem for me in regular shoes. I also want to try and keep the costs down as much as I can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cliff

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
I’d get Simms boots a size up from your street shoe size. I’ve a wide 14 shoe size, and the size 15s not only give me enough room to put on thick socks, but also enough to spread my toes out.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I'd start where Jake recommended but make sure you're able to try on prior to purchase.

I’d get Simms boots a size up from your street shoe size. I’ve a wide 14 shoe size, and the size 15s not only give me enough room to put on thick socks, but also enough to spread my toes out.
I would second that. I wear a 13 wide street shoe and a Simms G3 wading boots in a 14 which gives plenty of room for wool socks and move my toes around. Previously I had Simms freestones a size up that fit equally well too.

The extra room is actually really good for keeping your feet warm in cold water also. A lot of people make the mistake of adding an extra pair of wool socks in winter with boots without enough room to do so and the cramped toes is bad for circulation resulting in cold feet.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I have hobbit feet; wide and flat. I've never had any problems with entry level Simms or any Redingtons. I've heard that Patagonias and some of the Simms guide boots tend to be more narrow.

Mel King

I also have size 9EEEE feet. The supply sergeant called me 2X4. I've tried a lot of different wading boots and the Simms freestones are by far the best for width. I also have the Simms guide boots that are good for summer use with thinner socks but not enough room for thick socks.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
I have narrow feet with a high arch and the llbean boots fit well, so that might not work for you.. I just got a pair of Korkers and they are certainly wider.

Cliff

Guys, thank you very much. This has been very helpful. I'm picking up new G3 waders today and I'll look at the Simms offerings. I appreciate the help.
Cliff

Mel King

I'm the 9EEEE guy. I should have said that I buy the freestones in a10 and have plenty of room for a heavy sock in winter. I feel if your boot is to big you loose a lot of stability on rocks and if your doing some walking a loose boot sucks.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts