Drunken Dragon

Cliff

Hello, I realize this is a tying forum, but I'm going to ask for advice on purchasing some flies. I'm down to two of William Survey's Drunken Dragon dragonfly nymphs, tied by William himself. I simply do not have enough confidence in my tying abilities to tie this pattern, so I'm looking for a shop that sells a close proximity of this pattern. I checked with William himself about a year and a half ago on Whidbey Island, but he wasn't currently tying at that time. He did say he could tie me a dozen @ $10 per fly, but I couldn't afford that. Does anyone know anyone who sells this pattern?

Thanks
Cliff

mcswny

I can't help you in terms of where to get them but here's a SBS...

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
I can't help you in terms of where to get them but here's a SBS...

Boy, you reached back into yesteryear posts to find that.

mcswny

Boy, you reached back into yesteryear posts to find that.
All I did was search for the pattern in google just to see what it looked like because the name is hilarious and that SBS was the first thing that popped up so I figured it was worth to pass along, never looking at the date.

zen leecher aka bill w

All I did was search for the pattern in google just to see what it looked like because the name is hilarious and that SBS was the first thing that popped up so I figured it was worth to pass along, never looking at the date.
Buzzy thought it was funny when I said that. It's a SBS I did.

zen leecher aka bill w

Hello, I realize this is a tying forum, but I'm going to ask for advice on purchasing some flies. I'm down to two of William Survey's Drunken Dragon dragonfly nymphs, tied by William himself. I simply do not have enough confidence in my tying abilities to tie this pattern, so I'm looking for a shop that sells a close proximity of this pattern. I checked with William himself about a year and a half ago on Whidbey Island, but he wasn't currently tying at that time. He did say he could tie me a dozen @ $10 per fly, but I couldn't afford that. Does anyone know anyone who sells this pattern?

Thanks
Cliff

Cliff, I use the Drunken Dragon from time to time in the Spring. I think it's the chunkiness of the body that is attractive to the fish. If you didn't want to take the time to tie the dragon I'd use oversize chenille and make a fat bodied carey special. Should work just as good.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts