Trout rescue on Saturday - Lenore

BDD

@Matt Paluch

Curious how the event turned out? I applaud your efforts. Would have liked to join except I had to work Saturday (and Friday, and Sunday). Any pics of 3 foot monsters that were rescued?

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Good job you guys. That looks like a lot of work. Lifting over that cyclone fence and all... Thanks so much for doing this. Even though I don’t fish there, know that your efforts are really appreciated.

Is there a valid reason that WDFW can’t put up even a temporary barrier on that “creek” to keep the fish from going up there? It’s such a waste and shame to see them dying like that.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Good job you guys. That looks like a lot of work. Lifting over that cyclone fence and all... Thanks so much for doing this. Even though I don’t fish there, know that your efforts are really appreciated.

Is there a valid reason that WDFW can’t put up even a temporary barrier on that “creek” to keep the fish from going up there? It’s such a waste and shame to see them dying like that.
Normally it wouldn't be an issue this time of year. Flows are way lower than normal. Last year we rescued fish in May, and the flows were still higher than this. My understanding is that the last two years have been worse than most. Even with the number of fish dying, that's still a small portion of the population in the lake. Maybe 1% - probably less.

Bones

Lowest I have ever seen.....

Is it due to low springtime/winter precipitation or the the local aquifer?

I seem to remember hearing from one of the biologists that the spring on the north end is no longer flowing or has low flows.

Merle

Very cool, thanks. BTW, where is the creek in question on Lenore? South end, north end or somewhere else? I initially assumed north end but looking at maps and satellite views I see no creeks anywhere on that lake. At least none with water in them.

thanks, andy

Bones

Very cool, thanks. BTW, where is the creek in question on Lenore? South end, north end or somewhere else? I initially assumed north end but looking at maps and satellite views I see no creeks anywhere on that lake. At least none with water in them.

thanks, andy

The creek drains out of the south end of alkali lake, running under HWY 17, near the north end of the lake.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts