Tires, Dealer alternatives to LS

jwg

I re-read the whole thread on Les Schwab.

Anyone have other dealers they recommend?
Or know what tires review well.?

We've generally been happy w Les Schwab service but we only use them for tires, and they did recommend brake service to my wife once when it wasn't needed.

Mostly I'm suffering sticker shock on the quotes for 4 new tires on my Honda CRV, and like others, don't know how to judge quality in their branded tire line.

They successfully sold me up to expensive tires last time I put a new set on my wife's Outback.
I'm a sucker for keeping her safe.

Jay

Sturubu

I have had amazing customer service with Discount Tire. I recently took a nail to the sidewall of a 6 month old tire, and they replaced it even though I did not purchase the road hazzard warranty. Their prices also seem pretty competitive.

wanderingrichard

Try your local Goodyear shop. Aka Eagle Tire and Automotive. I've used the local one for new tires on the F Series as well as the wifes Nissans over the last 10 years.
They dont just sell Goodyears. Right now my truck is running on Generals bought from them.

BTW, If you've got a hybrid, you have to be careful in tire selection. Long time Prius and Fusion Energi owners will tell you that you should stick as close as possible to the reccomended stock economizer tires or your mileage will change drastically.

Tire prices have steadily gone up. Mainly from them being technologically upgrraded and the fact that rubber costs have skyrocketed in th past 10 years.,

CreekScrambler

Tire prices have steadily gone up. Mainly from them being technologically upgrraded and the fact that rubber costs have skyrocketed in th past 10 years.,
Can confirm on the rubber costs. Road and mountain bike tire prices have also risen tremendously in the same period. Discount has been good to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwg

cdnred

I'll vote for Discount also. I've dealt with them over the last 4 sets of tires I've bought for my car and I've been real happy with them..

jwg

Interesting about rubber costs thanks.

LS prices don't t look so out of line now.

IMG_0635.PNG

FlyRod

Jay, if you'd like to support local business, I've been going to Tri-Cities Battery for tires and general auto services for several years and they treat me pretty well. Tire prices are competitive and they offer free tire rotations and flat repairs.

Buzzy

Lots of votes for Discount - I bought a set of tires for our Subaru from Discount Tire and I'm very satisfied with the wear and traction (Continental Control Contact). The downside is Discount Tire is 58 miles one way from Ephrata. 116 miles for a flat repair, 116 miles for rotation.

I priced Tire Rack and Discount when it came time to replace the tires on my truck. I ended up going with LS because I can drop the truck off and walk home in 15 minutes. Tire Rack installers are in Quincy or Moses Lake - each about a 40 mile round trip for any service needs. No thanks. I might pay more for the tires at LS but at least I don't have to sit in some damn tire store for an undetermined amount of time.

I guess there are some benefits to living in a bigger city rather than a small town - we have LS and Walmart.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts