Dry Falls 3, Me 0

NukeLDO

WFF Supporter
Camped at Sun Lakes State Park Mon evening to Fri morning. Wind blew and blew for all three possible days I could make it to the water. Managed to get out on Dry Falls lake for one afternoon, but in that bowl, the wind just wasn't cooperating. Gave it a good try for a couple of hours without a take on leeches or chironomids, then gave up and returned to camp. The wife and I paddled around Vic Meyers and enjoyed the birds and turtles, went for a hike around Umatilla Rock, and checked out Steamboat. A fishless week, but with sun and temps in the 70s, who's complaining?
1618791248168.png

1618791283285.png

1618791321951.png

Buzzy

I stopped by the Interpretive Center this morning - seven rigs at the parking area for DF, the lake was CALM. I'm sure it isn't calm down there now with this stiff north westerly wind blowing about 20. That's a great hike around Umatilla Rock. I'd like to get up on top of it ..... sorry about the W and your fishing.

O. clarki

We were there a few weeks ago. Fishing was tough but we did ok stripping leaches and gloaters :) and hanging chironimids deep. The launch seems to be a bit wider and a bit more manageable. Did anyone do the favor for us? Thanks if you did.
The wind blew and blew for us too. We fished till the wind blew out and then hiked! The hiking there is great. The pizza from Soap lake is great. We watched NCAA basketball in Ephrata bar. All in all a fantastic getaway!

Jane

Buzzy

We were there a few weeks ago. Fishing was tough but we did ok stripping leaches and gloaters :) and hanging chironimids deep. The launch seems to be a bit wider and a bit more manageable. Did anyone do the favor for us? Thanks if you did.
The wind blew and blew for us too. We fished till the wind blew out and then hiked! The hiking there is great. The pizza from Soap lake is great. We watched NCAA basketball in Ephrata bar. All in all a fantastic getaway!

Jane
I thought the launch at the shore looked wider in @NukeLDO's photo, probably use this time of year helps keep the tules from crowding anymore. Earlier efforts to get permission to improve this launch have been stalled.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts