NFR So as not to derail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Good gawsh. It is published in NIH articles. You apparently aren’t sharp enough to have noticed that I indicated I have also articles that support the use of masks. Sorry, I look at all sides. Risk vs. benefit, science vs. propaganda, idiots vs. people that think. Have a Great Day, Ed
This is exactly what I'm talking about. PMC is an open access library for people to access information published in participating journals. The NIH did not publish the nonsense you shared.

What is PubMed Central (PMC)?​

PubMed Central (PMC) is a free archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM). It is a repository for journal literature deposited by participating publishers, as well as for author manuscripts that have been submitted in compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy and similar policies of other research funding agencies.

Since its inception in 2000, PMC has grown from comprising only two journals, PNAS: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences and Molecular Biology of the Cell, to an archive of millions of articles from thousands of journals.

Participation by publishers in PMC is voluntary, although participating journals must meet certain scientific and technical standards. PMC, itself, is not a publisher.

Access to the material in PMC is free, but use of the material still is subject to the copyright and/or related license terms of the respective authors or publishers. See the PMC Copyright Notice for more information.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
This is exactly what I'm talking about. PMC is an open access library for people to access information published in participating journals. The NIH did not publish the nonsense you shared.

What is PubMed Central (PMC)?​

PubMed Central (PMC) is a free archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM). It is a repository for journal literature deposited by participating publishers, as well as for author manuscripts that have been submitted in compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy and similar policies of other research funding agencies.

Since its inception in 2000, PMC has grown from comprising only two journals, PNAS: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences and Molecular Biology of the Cell, to an archive of millions of articles from thousands of journals.

Participation by publishers in PMC is voluntary, although participating journals must meet certain scientific and technical standards. PMC, itself, is not a publisher.

Access to the material in PMC is free, but use of the material still is subject to the copyright and/or related license terms of the respective authors or publishers. See the PMC Copyright Notice for more information.

Yup, as I said, Ed does not make the distinctions, results in a lot of very sloppy and incorrect assertions.

Might be time to shut tis down.

cheers

hookedonthefly

I am truly horrified by the adversity to challenge and thought. I’m damn glad none of my family and friends will be ever under your care. Ed

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I am truly horrified by the adversity to challenge and thought. I’m damn glad none of my family and friends will be ever under your care. Ed

This is not about "challenge to thought". You are posting information that is at best misleading, at worst very dangerous, and you do not make the necessary distinctions (ie, Covid-related deaths versus total deaths,1000+ studies versus study subjects - there is an incredible difference). You continually misrepresent what is being presented, not sure if it's intentional or you're just sloppy, either way it's wrong and you never once admit to your mistakes or misrepresentations, you just go on to the next.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
You're not a "free thinker" by posting all the same things every other pandemic denier is sharing on social media. You're not even really thinking. You're just searching for sources that confirm your bias - then posting them here and expecting everyone else to suddenly agree. I posted 13 actual peer reviewed studies from respected scientific journals that have stood up to criticism, and you didn't even acknowledge them. That's not our adversity to challenge and thought, its yours. Read the studies I posted, unless you can't handle the challenge and thought.

hookedonthefly

You're not a "free thinker" by posting all the same things every other pandemic denier is sharing on social media. You're not even really thinking. You're just searching for sources that confirm your bias - then posting them here and expecting everyone else to suddenly agree. I posted 13 actual peer reviewed studies from respected scientific journals that have stood up to criticism, and you didn't even acknowledge them. That's not our adversity to challenge and thought, its yours. Read the studies I posted, unless you can't handle the challenge and thought.
I’m not going to reply to the insults; but, I do appreciate the links. I scanned, I will probably print two. Take Care, Ed

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I’m not going to reply to the insults; but, I do appreciate the links. I scanned, I will probably print two. Take Care, Ed
This from the individual who wrote this:

"Good gawsh. It is published in NIH articles. You apparently aren’t sharp enough to have noticed that I indicated I have also articles that support the use of masks. Sorry, I look at all sides. Risk vs. benefit, science vs. propaganda, idiots vs. people that think. Have a Great Day, Ed"

Intellectual consistency, nothing like it.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info