NFR So as not to derail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Premium
I'm two hours into this. When do I start hearing Gates' voice in my head?
Soon, just got my second shot, now hearing his voice in stereo.

I always knew they would figure out a way to get the Zune back on track! Probably has Gates like talking about his new book on climate change for a bit and then a segue into the Spin Doctor's fratclassic Two Princes

moon1284

did not trust Mr. Trump to determine when a vaccine was ready for Americans.

“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines,” Mr. Biden said. “I trust scientists. But I don’t trust Donald Trump, and at this moment, the American people can’t either.”

Recall, that the CDC was basically under a gag order at the time and their info was being redesigned by former Administration for public consumption. Fast forward to a CDC unchained and trusted which made the vaccine

Wait so the vaccine changed or trump was right? It has to be one or the other...

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Premium
To be fair, we haven't been fighting the Ostrogoths and trying to reclaim our former empire, and we're not without scientific knowledge, or flea killer, or antibiotics...so apples to oranges here.

;)
Old man Jim used to fish with a monobrowed Ostrogoth, used a bucket of trilobites and some high tensile Clovis mastadon-gut handline, perched on the prow of a trireme, throwin' lines like Ocnus...

girlfisher

Wait so the vaccine changed or trump was right? It has to be one or the other...
There should be an opening on Newsmax for this type of journalistic spin. How about "Clorox stocks skyrocket" as new leaders emerge in the vaccine production market!

moon1284

Sure he was wrong about plenty of other items with the pandemic as were all politicians from both sides. But what about the vaccine?

Saying he was right doesn't mean you have to like him. I don't think you'll hear a lot of the right saying Obama was wrong for killing terrorists.

This is getting off topic so I'll end it here. But it's pretty funny there's a lot of the public who can't admit our former president was right about one single thing...

jaredoconnor

WFF Premium
Sure he was wrong about plenty of other items with the pandemic as were all politicians from both sides. But what about the vaccine?

Saying he was right doesn't mean you have to like him. I don't think you'll hear a lot of the right saying Obama was wrong for killing terrorists.

This is getting off topic so I'll end it here. But it's pretty funny there's a lot of the public who can't admit our former president was right about one single thing...

The issue wasn't just the volume of things he was wrong about, but also how badly/stupidly wrong he was about those things. Any positive act of his, during the pandemic, is trivial in the context of his failures. Giving him any credit, for anything, undermines the truth about exactly how poorly it was handled.

It's like wanting to give credit to a criminal for putting out their recycling. No one cares and it is a waste of words.

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

I haven't encountered too many quality papers with the number of typos and odd grammatical choices (mistakes?) in the abstract as that one. First impressions and all...

"ABSTRACT: Many countries across the globe utilized medical and non-medical facemasks as non-pharmaceutical intervention for reducing the transmission and infectivity of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Although, scientific evidence supporting facemasks’ efficacy is lacking, adverse physiological, psychological and health effects are established. Is has been hypothesized that facemasks have compromised safety and efficacy profile and should be avoided from use. The current article comprehensively summarizes scientific evidences with respect to wearing facemasks in the COVID-19 era, providing prosper information for public health and decisions making."
Matt, I agree... this is a blatant attempt at the old adage, "Baffe them with Bullshit". There's so much doublespeak and poor grammar it might have been written by Lyn Wood.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium

Right, wrong, I couldn't give a shit. The problem was the Previous Guy claimed the vaccines should be approved in October, or even sooner, but the only reason they weren't was because the FDA was being political. He undermined his own agencies (FDA, NIH, and CDC) and his own experts every step of the way; thus, undermining public confidence in the whole process. He never set a proper example and showed absolutely no ability, or interest, in leading. The only thing he did lead at was photo ops. He held multiple super spreader events (but made sure he himself was socially distanced) and acted in a criminally negligent way, with complete indifference to the public health. He has a lot to answer for.

Edit to add: I suspect that's why his followers, like the ones I encountered the other day, so strenuously try to deny the severity of the situation.

cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts