Not open for further replies.

duggiefresh

I put you on ignore because you're a little bitch
tenor.gif

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
I put you on ignore because you're a little bitch
I'm with you....I've got school age kids and we are dealing with mental health stuff. That's been my families priority.....from my perspective, our public school system has failed, and our state government (OR) has failed....and I don't give a fuck if any of you agree or disagree.

Are you sure it’s the school system that is failing your children?

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
I worked from home for the last year while caring for 3 children who were all learning remotely. The first 3 months, I slept in our travel trailer so my wife could have the more comfortable bed at night after caring for her patients all day.

During this time, my local school board invited the health officer for our county to present the information he had about the pandemic to them. After his presentation they all yelled at him because they didn’t like what he said, and they told him to get off the phone. Then the school board president proposed cutting the pay of all the district’s staff because he felt like it was “morally repugnant” that they continued to be employed and paid while people working for private businesses were suffering. Prior to the pandemic, mental health was mentioned at one school board meeting. Now it is mentioned regularly, because people want to use it as a weapon against the public health actions to control the pandemic.

Our schools were opened against medical advice, and there have been 385 cases confirmed on campus so far. Even with that miserable failure, the district has been advertising to other districts around the state that they should follow our successful example of how to open safely.

Even with all of that going on, I’ve complained less than most of the pandemic deniers I encounter on social media.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
I will take your advice and go elsewhere on this subject as I’m not stupid enough to continue here.
Amen!
Last post and I’m out.
Wait?...Whaaat?
Easily...I also did a 1000+ neurosensory studies on suspected Fibromyalgia patients. The general findings of hyperesthesia in those patients was fascinating; although, extremely unfortunate.
I see. After the two previous posts I got a problem with believing anything you say.
Can you tell me off the top of your head the conduction velocity of A-beta, A-delta and C sensory nerve fibers; and, why that is the case?
Can you tell me off the top of your head why you lied to us in the first two posts I quoted?

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I worked from home for the last year while caring for 3 children who were all learning remotely. The first 3 months, I slept in our travel trailer so my wife could have the more comfortable bed at night after caring for her patients all day.

During this time, my local school board invited the health officer for our county to present the information he had about the pandemic to them. After his presentation they all yelled at him because they didn’t like what he said, and they told him to get off the phone. Then the school board president proposed cutting the pay of all the district’s staff because he felt like it was “morally repugnant” that they continued to be employed and paid while people working for private businesses were suffering. Prior to the pandemic, mental health was mentioned at one school board meeting. Now it is mentioned regularly, because people want to use it as a weapon against the public health actions to control the pandemic.

Our schools were opened against medical advice, and there have been 385 cases confirmed on campus so far. Even with that miserable failure, the district has been advertising to other districts around the state that they should follow our successful example of how to open safely.

Even with all of that going on, I’ve complained less than most of the pandemic deniers I encounter on social media.

The thing that gets me is that many people who are the loudest about getting their kids back into school regardless of the cost really don't understand that the teachers want to see their kids more than the parents want them out of the house. But they also are quite aware of the health risks (yeah, that pesky science rearing its ugly factual head again).

My wife is an educator (who works with the toughest kids) and they have all been working their asses off (nearly double the work as previously in many cases) to get it right (turns out, doing online curriculum plus in person curriculum at the same time isn't all that easy....well duh). Fortunately, the vast majority of staff in area districts have now been vaccinated but guess what happened the first week kids were let back in, they had several test positive and ended up having to shut down an entire class plus through contact tracing, prevented a number of other kids from coming back for a couple of weeks. The kids never did get very sick, but their parents sure did. And this is at less than 25% of kids back in person and staggered with all health precautions in place (they likely didn't get it at school, however).

On top of that, you have people who keep using the argument of, "well, kids don't die from it....look at the numbers", maybe not, but they sure as hell can spread it....like to their parents or grandparents (or school staff, who then spread it to their relatives), who might be more likely to die. That's not even touching on long term effects, which are still being parsed out.

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I'm with you....I've got school age kids and we are dealing with mental health stuff. That's been my families priority.....from my perspective, our public school system has failed, and our state government (OR) has failed....and I don't give a fuck if any of you agree or disagree.

I am sorry for you and your family. Yes, it has absolutely been tough, everyone (well most everyone) is trying to make the best of a very bad and unprecedented situation. Children are incredibly resilient, if you take the time, talk to them honestly about what is going on and why, spend more time with them, etc, they get it, they survive and they can flourish. I hear you complain, but I don't hear a solution from you. Is it just opens the schools, let the virus run rampant throughout the community? How do you think kids feel when they lose a parent?

While I feel bad for your family and hope everything works out, I feel worse for the families who lost a loved one, many of them parents of young children. I think their mental health and anguish needs to be recognized.

BC33

In my opinion, the public school system where I'm located failed miserably. You can take that however you want, I don't care. I know how things went down here. I'm not talking about specific teachers, I'm talking about the union, and the overall system. Hell, furloughing district employees on Fridays to save money and then the employees qualify for the federal unemployment? Bullshit!

The other thing is I'm not in the mood.....so I don't think this is prolly the best place for me

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
I am sorry for you and your family. Yes, it has absolutely been tough, everyone (well most everyone) is trying to make the best of a very bad and unprecedented situation. Children are incredibly resilient, if you take the time, talk to them honestly about what is going on and why, spend more time with them, etc, they get it, they survive and they can flourish. I hear you complain, but I don't hear a solution from you. Is it just opens the schools, let the virus run rampant throughout the community? How do you think kids feel when they lose a parent?

While I feel bad for your family and hope everything works out, I feel worse for the families who lost a loved one, many of them parents of young children. I think their mental health and anguish needs to be recognized.
A kid in my 10 year old’s class lost a parent to COVID-19. An older kid in our district had to be airlifted to a bigger hospital ICU. The older kid did become infected on campus. A lot of people are dealing with real, devastating loss. The constant complaining over remote learning really gets old when you have experience with the virus’s worst effects.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
In my opinion, the public school system where I'm located failed miserably. You can take that however you want, I don't care. I know how things went down here. I'm not talking about specific teachers, I'm talking about the union, and the overall system. Hell, furloughing district employees on Fridays to save money and then the employees qualify for the federal unemployment? Bullshit!

The other thing is I'm not in the mood.....so I don't think this is prolly the best place for me
You’re probably right that this isn’t the best place for you. If you’re that mad about people getting paid, miss me with that bullshit. People are dying. Stop whining about having to raise your own kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info