NFR So as not to derail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
All you can say is there's lots of folks who are eating up misinformation.

Remember when half of the country honestly thought Orange Man Bad colluded with Putin to rig the 2016 election?

And that was the self proclaimed "smart" people lapping that shit up.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
Waaay back in the 70's, my mom was an X-Ray technician. A lady came in for a chest E-Ray, and announced to my mom that she didn't want it. My mom asked why, and the lady said, "You know what happens at Hiroshima." My mother asked her how much TV she watched - "about 4 hours daily" was the answer. my mom told her that she therefore gets exposed to more radiation from the TV in an evening than the X-ray will expose her to. The lady then pulls her husband in to the conversation/confrontation, and he parrots her claim that all radiation is bad, and she wants an X-Ray that doesn't use radiation. My mom, with those two in front of her, called the lady's doctor and told him that she didn't want the X-Ray, and why. She then handed the phone to the lady, who listened to the doctor YELL at her, ending with "If you don't get that X-ray right now, I will no longer serve you and will make sure all my colleagues in Portland don't have to deal with you, either." She meekly consented to the X-Ray, while her husband stormed out of the office in a huff.

My mother was never one to suffer fools gladly, a trait I've inherited.

hookedonthefly

but more because I'm a stubborn SOB who won't put up with bullshit (could be a fatal flaw one day, oh well).

Anyway, I could go on, I won't. Just be safe out there.

Cheers
Thanks for posting in a separate thread. I too have seen ugly and belligerent behavior on both sides, from stereotyping, political, mask, vaccine, etc differences. It is truly a polarizing environment. There is a pub I go to, (say once a week) in the suburbs/county where if you wear a mask, you get the stink eye. Another place we hit (because the sushi is damn good), we got grossly chewed out by some crazy chick for not wearing masks while we were eating and having a tasty beverage. My spouse and I were sitting at a table outdoors. Crazy chick’s mask was below her nose and less than social distancing. It was everything I could do to control my temper. Stay Safe, Ed

JayB

I'll be happy when everyone returns to the consensus that prevailed until all of 2-3 years ago, which was that massing at someone's home was totally beyond the pale, no matter how righteous you thought your cause was. Would also be nice to see people condemning this even when it's someone from their "own side" violating this norm on behalf of a movement that they support.

Only a matter of time until this sort of thing ends up in tragedy given all of the lizard-brain-level threat responses that get activated when hearth and home seem to be under threat.

Steelhead ©

BECU Member
WFF Supporter
Remember when half of the country honestly thought Orange Man Bad colluded with Putin to rig the 2016 election?

JSDFwlvf_o.gif
You mean when his campaign managers deputy transferred polling data to a Russian operative? You must be one of the few people that have read the heavily redacted Muller report.

A little light reading for those non-lizard minded people: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53830374.amp

F54AB551-557E-4C28-A7C6-11ED1E88E4A8.jpeg

Last edited:

BC33

JSDFwlvf_o.gif
It's always the other sides conspiracies that are crazy.

The biggest conspiracy of all.......this is all by design! We are meant to be fighting with each other.

Edit for clarification...

I don't mean covid is by design, per se.....just how our country runs in general.....we are meant to be divided.

hookedonthefly

I'll be happy when everyone returns to the consensus that prevailed until all of 2-3 years ago, which was that massing at someone's home was totally beyond the pale, no matter how righteous you thought your cause was. Would also be nice to see people condemning this even when it's someone from their "own side" violating this norm on behalf of a movement that they support.

Only a matter of time until this sort of thing ends up in tragedy given all of the lizard-brain-level threat responses that get activated when hearth and home seem to be under threat.
I wanted to like your post twice; so, here it is. Ed

hookedonthefly

You mean when his campaign managers deputy transferred polling data to a Russian operative? You must be one of the few people that have read the heavily redacted Muller report.

A little light reading for those non-lizard minded people: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53830374.amp

View attachment 278871
Please don’t make this political as viruses don’t give a S+ who you voted for, your political leanings or political affiliations. Ed

Robert Engleheart

Robert
WFF Supporter
These ant-vax conspiracy nut jobs really rub me raw. If you chose not to take the vaccination, fine; do not make it what it is not. Wife’s father was one of the last fatalities from polio in Washington, died shortly before vaccinations became available. I am at the point where these nut jobs could just FOAD and get COVID and die and do the world a favor.

hookedonthefly

These ant-vax conspiracy nut jobs really rub me raw. If you chose not to take the vaccination, fine; do not make it what it is not. Wife’s father was one of the last fatalities from polio in Washington, died shortly before vaccinations became available. I am at the point where these nut jobs could just FOAD and get COVID and die and do the world a favor.
FOAD...really. Wow. You are the patriarch of kindness.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I feel really bad for all those families/friends that lost someone in Florida due to an accident whether it involved a truck, car, motorcycle, railroad engine, skateboard, etc. I have heard many people say it was a friend, relative, male, or female. Just way, way too many. On top of that the death certificate says it was due to covid. The insurance companies must be jumping for joy since they do not have to pay out anything accident related for those deaths.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
there was an anti masker at the vaccine site at the hospital when i was there. he was wearing his american flag buff with his nose proudly hanging out while getting his vaccines. the volunteers had to tell him multiple times to wear his mask properly. what a twat. funny though cuz he did what the liberal cucks told him in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts