NFR So as not to derail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
I feel like "twat" is probably the most underrated insult to use. I know that comedians are using the c-word for the shock, but twat is a much funnier word.

"A gaggle of anti-mask twats was protesting intelligence." It just feels better.
The crazy thing is that in England, it's not such a bad word. In England, the word "fanny" is not spoken in polite company for the same reason "twat" is not here.

In the misty days of my youth, I was an assistant manager at a pizza parlor. The manager was a young (but older than me) lady. Very smart in a lot of ways, but also very naïve. In fact, she had sung at the White House as a teenager in the "Up With People" choir, no lie. Anyway, one day I see she's at the register helping the clerk fix an error with a customers order. "Silly twat," he told the clerk in front of the horrified customer. I grabbed her and pulled her into the office, and explained that the word she may have been looking for was twit, and that twat meant, well, you know what it means. She was absolutely panic-stricken, and ran out to apologize to the customer and the clerk, who both laughed it off.

Sorry, that's my twat story. And it isn't even X-rated, not really!

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Yeah, I’m a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist; and stupid nuts. Stop by for an IPA and we can chat about it over 5 binders printed about PCR testing, SARS, MERS, SARS-COV -2, Cytokines, HCQ vs. ivermectin “vaccines”, etc. I’ll get a fire going.

With all do respect, I will never Dox anyone, ever. It was extremely sad; but, not unexpected. Derek always drove everything like he rented it. Nothing here but a bs COD. Ed
Not asking or expecting you to divulge, just wondered, as I say, I came across the linked story; seems Gov. DeSantis thought he could make a lot of political hay from a motorcycle accident where the individual dies, cause of death was ultimately ruled as due to Covid-19. Most likely, it was Covid-19, this illustrates how deaths are attributed (proximate cause), we see it all the time in oncology studies People with Grade 4 lung cancer - death due to pneumonia or dyspnea, etc.

how-are-covid-19-deaths-counted-it-s-complicated

If your friend had a similar situation, this is why it would be ruled Covid-19 (proximal cause). I'm sure it screws up any insurance settlement and I can understand why a family would be enraged, but this is how it's done.

To suggest numbers of Covid-19 deaths are being inflated is just utter nonsense, most likely they are greatly undercounted:

"the US suffered roughly 360,000 more deaths than the five-year average between 26 January and 3 October 2020, compared to 209,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths during that period.16"

Take off the tin foil hat Ed, it's not doing you any favors.

Cheers

Last edited:

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Not asking or expecting you to divulge, just wondered, as I say, I came across the linked story; seems Gov. DeSantis thought he could make a lot of political hay from a motorcycle accident where the individual dies, cause of death was ultimately ruled as due to Covid-19. Most likely, it was Covid-19, this illustrates how deaths are attributed (proximate cause), we see it all the time in oncology studies People with Grade 4 lung cancer - death due to pneumonia or dyspnea, etc.

If your friend had a similar situation, this is why it would be ruled Covid-19 (proximal cause). I'm sure it screws up any insurance settlement and I can understand why a family would be enraged, but this is how it's done.

To suggest numbers of Covid-19 deaths are being inflated is just utter nonsense, most likely the are they are greatly undercounted:

"the US suffered roughly 360,000 more deaths than the five-year average between 26 January and 3 October 2020, compared to 209,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths during that period.16"

Cheers
SHEEEEAPLE! YU NO DOES COVED DETHS IS FAKE NUES! THA FLEW KILT 97 TRILLION PEEPLE LAST MONF. GET VVOKE!

moon1284

The vaccine is a wierd one. When trump was in office and touting it, he couldn't be trusted it was unsafe. But when biden was elected everything was all good. I have it but it's funny how views change depending on who is pushing it.

SilverFly

I questioned my comment in the other thread about this anti-science culture "destroying humanity" as a bit over the top - but maybe not after reading some of this shit. How these people can claim to know anything about science, and be so clueless is absolutely stunning. I'm not a scientist but working in a "science factory" I know enough to dismantle idiotic arguments like the ones below:

Got comments like "If masks work, why can you still smell your farts" (swear to God, that was an actual statement/question from a grown man).

Because, dumbass, what you smell are gas molecules, not particles. Is the filter blocking the oxygen you're breathing? (almost tempting to believe that). Molecules are hundreds if not thousands of times smaller than an individual virus. If you can't stand the smell of your own farts, rub some activated charcoal into your mask to chemically absorb the hydrogen sulfide, SO2, and methyl mercaptan molecules.

He went on to explain how 5G cell towers are what’s really making people sick, and the government is trying to cover it up with this “virus” nonsense. Of course, there was plenty of research to back him up.

Microwaves are non-ionizing EM radiation. Maybe not completely "harmless", but not going to damage DNA at doses that don't heat you up like a slice of pizza. Due to the inverse square law, the radiation one receives a block away from a tower is miniscule compared to the energy one receives from the cell phone itself when it's transmitting from the side of your skull. Also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't wear sunblock because depletion of the Ozone Layer is another government climate hoax. Ultra Violet light is ionizing radiation, it does damage DNA, and skin cancer is killing plenty of people.

You know what happens at Hiroshima." My mother asked her how much TV she watched - "about 4 hours daily" was the answer. my mom told her that she therefore gets exposed to more radiation from the TV in an evening than the X-ray will expose her to.

X-Rays are produced by firing an electron beam at a target material. Basically the very definition of what happens inside a cathode ray tube TV. Nuclear (Alpha) radiation has nothing to do with getting a diagnostic X-Ray. While X-Rays aren't harmless, nuclear radiation is a completely different animal, is something worthy of fearing.

hookedonthefly

To suggest numbers of Covid-19 deaths are being inflated is just utter nonsense, most likely they are greatly undercounted:

Cheers
Ha! You and I would get along just fine at the campfire. Proximal and distal both suck in anything medical cuz that means you’re at the doctorr. Do have thoughts. Out for today thougH. Safe Travels, Ed

DimeBrite

5X Celebrity Jeopardy Champion
Exactly. Imagine what the worldwide number of deaths would be if everyone were reporting accurately.
The real number of COVID deaths is certainly far more than 3 million. Russia for example:
The country’s official coronavirus death toll is 102,649. But at least 300,000 more people died last year during the pandemic than were reported in Russia’s most widely cited official statistics.

girlfisher

The vaccine is a wierd one. When trump was in office and touting it, he couldn't be trusted it was unsafe. But when biden was elected everything was all good. I have it but it's funny how views change depending on who is pushing it.

did not trust Mr. Trump to determine when a vaccine was ready for Americans.

“Let me be clear: I trust vaccines,” Mr. Biden said. “I trust scientists. But I don’t trust Donald Trump, and at this moment, the American people can’t either.”

Recall, that the CDC was basically under a gag order at the time and their info was being redesigned by former Administration for public consumption. Fast forward to a CDC unchained and trusted which made the vaccine more appealing.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
The problem with science denial is that the truth is the truth, no matter what your opinion on the subject is. Not to worry, the chances are it won’t make a difference in your daily life — but beware, it can kill you. The moral is, pick your stupidity wisely. Denying evolution makes you look like an idiot, but physically leaves you unharmed. Denying climate change might kill your descendants, but you’ll probably make it. But thinking COVID is a hoax can be fatal. And so it was for Hans Kristian Gaarder. On April 6th he died — aged 60 — of COVID.

Gaarder — although not an Amerian — certainly believed like a certain kind of one. He was an aficionado of 2020 US electoral conspiracy theories. He had a beef with the Illuminati. But his real passion was COVID denial. As late as March 18, he was on social media criticizing the “massive measures” aimed at preventing infection of “something that will be like a cold or light flu.” He wondered whether the measures really were a means of “camouflaging that the Coronavirus does NOT spread from person to person.”

Identifying himself as an independent researcher of suppressed information, he reminded his followers to remember that the “lying and weak media’s job is to trick its readers into blindly and obediently being led into the mud by lying and weak politicians.”

On March 26th and 27th, undeterred by local ordinances enacted in the face of new virulent viral strains, he had two house parties. In at least one, the guests discussed the topic of “Trump, Biden and the way forward for the United States and the world”. A dozen attendees have now come down with the disease. Gaarder ignored his symptoms, refused a COVID test, and denied having coronavirus until he expired....

Dead, dead, dead.

That's what happens when you're stoopid...
Don't be stoopid.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info