NFR So as not to derail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Tin foil hat...From NIH. I’ll start with this and add as I can.

Seriously Ed?

We can all find issues with the current public policy of face covering/masks, social distancing, etc. Is it great? No, but the consequences of not doing so far outweigh the negative impact of these policies. It is a cost-benefit analysis. 581,542 + individuals in the US have died from COVID-19, placing the US as 15 worst for deaths per million people. It could have been far lower if compliance had been higher.

I could provide other papers showing that masks are effective; look at Kansas (we have been through this) where Statewide masks mandates had to be lifted due to court order, counties that kept a mandate saw cases flat-line and go down, neighboring counties that lifted the mandates saw cases rise. This dynamic has been observed many, many places.

I'm gonna ask you take this nonsense elsewhere, keep it with the tin foil crowd.

cheers

Last edited:

hookedonthefly

Seriously Ed?

We can all find issues with the current public policy of face covering/masks, social distancing, etc. Is it great? No, but the consequences of not doing so far outweigh the negative impact of these policies. It is a cost-benefit analysis. 581,542 + individuals in the US have died from COVID-19, placing the US as 15 worst for deaths per million people. It could have been far lower if compliance had been higher.

I could provide other papers showing masks that masks for - look at Kansas (we have been through this) where Statewide masks mandates had to be lifted due to court order, counties that kept a mandate saw cases flat-line and go down, neighboring counties that lifted the mandates saw cases rise. This dynamic has been observed many, many places.

I'm gonna ask you take this nonsense elsewhere, keep it with the tin foil crowd.

cheers
You have a ptoblem with the NIH now? The publication was accepted, if I rmember correctly, in November 2020. I also might have a few articles/published relating to the positive use of masks. I know you work in medicine; but, I would dare to say I have tangled with a few fellowship-trained physicians over a variety of medical problems and challenges in patients. I will take your advice and go elsewhere on this subject as I’m not stupid enough to continue here. Very Best, Ed

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Tin foil hat #3...American Journal of Medicine. If you look at Figure 1, you will see the use of HCQ and Azythromycin. The NEJM and The Lancet, both considered reputable medical journals, retracted articles stating basically HCQ was ineffective. This article also discusses other potential treatment regimens.

Multiple randomized controlled studies have shown HCQ has no efficacy and is a substantial source of potentially serious cardiac events.

This keeps up, I will be asking this to be shut down.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
You have a ptoblem with the NIH now? The publication was accepted, if I rmember correctly, in November 2020. I also might have a few articles/published relating to the positive use of masks. I know you work in medicine; but, I would dare to say I have tangled with a few fellowship-trained physicians over a variety of medical problems and challenges in patients. I will take your advice and go elsewhere on this subject as I’m not stupid enough to continue here. Very Best, Ed
I have no problem with NIH - the author is not from the NIH, not that that matters, the author is from Cardiology Division, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System/Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, United States

This is part of the problem Ed, you make statements that are simply incorrect.

The journal is Medical Hypotheses, which Elsevier states is a not-conventionally-peer reviewed medical journal published by Elsevier. It was originally intended as a forum for unconventional ideas without the traditional filter of scientific peer review. Edit: it is a favorite of the HIV/AIDS denial crowd.

ie, junk that cannot get published in peer review journal since there is sooooo much wrong with it, ie, methodology, unsupported conclusions, etc. Thankfully, it has an impact factor of 1.32

cheers

Last edited:

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter

doublebluff

Go Beavs
I was trying to assemble a list of mask-associated articles as well- good job, Matt.

Holy guac... we are back to hydroxychloroquine...!

FYI: Current treatment recommendations mention just about every option, but don't mention HCQ.

I think the executive summary of this document is a good read for how the disease progresses, and the logic of therapeutic options. Note this is therapy, not prevention.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
It’s always funny when people complain about the masks. They’re just not that big of an inconvenience. I put 2 on and ran 3 miles earlier in the pandemic, just to see if they caused any issues. Had no problem at all. I haven’t tried wearing one while swimming yet, but I might.

There are a few things that work really well against the pandemic: masks, vaccines, and stay home orders. Choose which one you want.

hookedonthefly

Edit: it is a favorite of the HIV/AIDS denial crowd.

cheers
Last post and I’m out. I worked in a lab that 4 of 5 physicians were primary HIV/AIDS care at the forefront of the rapid spread in L.A. I also did easily over a 1,000+ neurosensory studies on such patients looking at the affects of medications utilized and the disease, i.e. - distal symmetrical polyneuropathy as well as possible toxic-induced neuropathy including V-I, Ii, III and anterior to the tragus...no HIV/AIDS denial here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts