NFR So as not to derail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
Last post and I’m out. I worked in a lab that 4 of 5 physicians were primary HIV/AIDS care at the forefront of the rapid spread in L.A. I also did easily over a 1,000+ neurosensory studies on such patients looking at the affects of medications utilized and the disease, i.e. - distal symmetrical polyneuropathy as well as possible toxic-induced neuropathy including V-I, Ii, III and anterior to the tragus...no HIV/AIDS denial here.

Good, had you been, you would have been the first person I ever put on ignore.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Last post and I’m out. I worked in a lab that 4 of 5 physicians were primary HIV/AIDS care at the forefront of the rapid spread in L.A. I also did easily over a 1,000+ neurosensory studies on such patients looking at the affects of medications utilized and the disease, i.e. - distal symmetrical polyneuropathy as well as possible toxic-induced neuropathy including V-I, Ii, III and anterior to the tragus...no HIV/AIDS denial here.
If this is true, you have no excuse for the complete bs you’ve been posting. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but that’s the way it is.

DerekWhipple

Not asking or expecting you to divulge, just wondered, as I say, I came across the linked story; seems Gov. DeSantis thought he could make a lot of political hay from a motorcycle accident where the individual dies, cause of death was ultimately ruled as due to Covid-19. Most likely, it was Covid-19, this illustrates how deaths are attributed (proximate cause), we see it all the time in oncology studies People with Grade 4 lung cancer - death due to pneumonia or dyspnea, etc.

how-are-covid-19-deaths-counted-it-s-complicated

If your friend had a similar situation, this is why it would be ruled Covid-19 (proximal cause). I'm sure it screws up any insurance settlement and I can understand why a family would be enraged, but this is how it's done.

To suggest numbers of Covid-19 deaths are being inflated is just utter nonsense, most likely they are greatly undercounted:

"the US suffered roughly 360,000 more deaths than the five-year average between 26 January and 3 October 2020, compared to 209,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths during that period.16"

Take off the tin foil hat Ed, it's not doing you any favors.

Cheers

I see death certificates quite a bit at my job, and there lots of people who have cancer or other big long-term diseases who's actual cause of death is always something else. People want COVID to be nothing to worry about, so they latch on to anything they can.

hookedonthefly

Good, had you been, you would have been the first person I ever put on ignore.
Considering how long it takes to do a study, "easily over a 1,000+ neurosensory studies" seems like a rather dubious number, maybe referring to individual patients?

cheers
Easily...I also did a 1000+ neurosensory studies on suspected Fibromyalgia patients. The general findings of hyperesthesia in those patients was fascinating; although, extremely unfortunate.

hookedonthefly

Easily...I also did a 1000+ neurosensory studies on suspected Fibromyalgia patients. The general findings of hyperesthesia in those patients was fascinating; although, extremely unfortunate.
Can you tell me off the top of your head the conduction velocity of A-beta, A-delta and C sensory nerve fibers; and, why that is the case?

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Considering how long it takes to do a study, "easily over a 1,000+ neurosensory studies" seems like a rather dubious number, maybe referring to individual patients?

cheers
Definitely individual patients. He should absolutely know better than to believe the things he's been posting too. It's sad to see people follow their biases into places that their training should have kept them out of.

Matt B

WFF Supporter
I have no problem with NIH - the author is not from the NIH, not that that matters, the author is from Cardiology Division, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System/Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, United States

This is part of the problem Ed, you make statements that are simply incorrect.

The journal is Medical Hypotheses, which Elsevier states is a not-conventionally-peer reviewed medical journal published by Elsevier. It was originally intended as a forum for unconventional ideas without the traditional filter of scientific peer review. Edit: it is a favorite of the HIV/AIDS denial crowd.

ie, junk that cannot get published in peer review journal since there is sooooo much wrong with it, ie, methodology, unsupported conclusions, etc. Thankfully, it has an impact factor of 1.32

cheers
I haven't encountered too many quality papers with the number of typos and odd grammatical choices (mistakes?) in the abstract as that one. First impressions and all...

"ABSTRACT: Many countries across the globe utilized medical and non-medical facemasks as non-pharmaceutical intervention for reducing the transmission and infectivity of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Although, scientific evidence supporting facemasks’ efficacy is lacking, adverse physiological, psychological and health effects are established. Is has been hypothesized that facemasks have compromised safety and efficacy profile and should be avoided from use. The current article comprehensively summarizes scientific evidences with respect to wearing facemasks in the COVID-19 era, providing prosper information for public health and decisions making."

hookedonthefly

Definitely individual patients. He should absolutely know better than to believe the things he's been posting too. It's sad to see people follow their biases into places that their training should have kept them out of.
Yes, they were absolutely individual patients whom were selected to test and evaluate at “no charge”; i.e. - there was no financial incentive. The culmination of efforts was impressive amongst a variety of specialties. I was proud to be a part of it.

Swimmy

That's what happens when you drink the orange kool aid and watch OAN!

Charlie Chester says hold my beer
Au2jkNg6_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts