Pike trip

Hem

Ducked out from family, dogs, work....everything. Mad roadtrip, slept in the back seat, shit everywhere...wrappers, wet clothes, half eaten food ,empty beer cans, pike flies on the dash. Two days of being a fish bum. 19 total hours of pounding water with my 10 wght, slogging through mud, calm water and sunny, then wind,rain, snow. Keep moving until I find pike. Fished 7 locations.
Found pike. Some finicky but most aggressive, slamming hits. Frankly I'm bored with trout. Gimme a predator with teeth. Thank you Boga grip...though one fish got me. 18 fish, 5 came home.
Jesus...it was heaven. SmartSelect_20210419-184537_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20210419-184326_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20210419-184450_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20210419-184416_Gallery.jpg

ribka

those will eat good. Any females? Look like all males. Females should be spawned out soon. Good job!

Any idea of water temps. I was chasing pike the last few days in N Idaho. Temps just reached 50 in the bays

Hem

those will eat good. Any females? Look like all males. Females should be spawned out soon. Good job!

Any idea of water temps. I was chasing pike the last few days in N Idaho. Temps just reached 50 in the bays
You know I didn't check water temp. First time fishing this water in April, usually I go in May. Lake was very low in anticipation of mountain run off. Most of the typical back water bays were dry. Yes all males. Seemed like the fish were staging at the entrance to bays. I started to get a feel for what to look for. But the next day with a radical weather change they clearly moved out.
Still haven't pegged where the big females hang. Wondering if it is even possible to reach them on foot from shore.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts