West Side Opener

Camo Clad Warrior

As the lowland lakes open this weekend what are your plans?

For me, my wife and I will get a late start and more than likely fish a heavily pressured, stocked lake in the afternoons. Why you might ask? Well my wife likes to catch fish, generally she doesn't care about size as long as she is catching fish and the stocked fish are pretty easy to catch and release a couple dozen. I will mix a cocktail and watch everyone trolling in circles while the wife fishes. These poplar lakes on opening weekend make great people watching.

Between the kids catching their first fish, and proclaiming to dad they need more power bait, and dad telling them to hush up not to give away their secrets, and of course......the boat launch.

All in all it is fun to get out and enjoy some rain in the boat and do some people watching.

So if you see a big do in a Clack 360 say hey.

CCW

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
As the lowland lakes open this weekend what are your plans?

Between the kids catching their first fish, and proclaiming to dad they need more power bait, and dad telling them to hush up not to give away their secrets, and of course......the boat launch.

All in all it is fun to get out and enjoy some rain in the boat and do some people watching.
The people watching is upper level on opening day. Have tee ball and baseball on Saturday morning, but I may end up heading to the local boat launch first thing in the AM just to watch the shenanigans. Going to try and get the kids out either Saturday PM or Sunday morning.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Haven’t participated in opening day in many years but it was a regular routine for us as kids with my dad.
Mineral Lake was always our choice. Had good weather and a couple times when it snowed.
Some great memories my brother and I still laugh about. A few memorable ones that likely involved some alcohol the night before.
A guy peeing out the back of a camper while the driver of the truck was launching the boat.
A guy in the parking lot that walked out of the back of a camper with no stairs. I can still hear when he hit the dirt face first.
Lastly, a guy had a square homemade wood cartop carrier that he had put a small gas motor on to utilize as a boat.
We encounter him in the middle of the lake trying to keep the thing balanced. I’m really surprised he didn’t drown the thing was so unstable and thin. Talk about a barge.....

Have a great time all that get out.
SF

Last edited:

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
We're either year round or March 1 here in the SE corner so I've had a chance to see the show already. It's really good this year, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when it comes to your town. :)

Buzzy

Ok, Central Washington.
Ira - for all I know you could be headed towards Biseland, that's Eastern WA for sure. Monday's Grant County Journal had a nice article written by @Mike Schmuck on the opener and fishing opportunities. I don't dare hotspot the lakes here that he mentions by name that have Tigers and Browns............ but then you know those two lakes and I bet there are a lot of folks already camped along the bigger lake. Good luck!!

Camo Clad Warrior

Haven’t participated in opening day in many years but it was a regular route for us as kids with my dad.
Mineral Lake was always our choice. Had good weather and a couple times when it snowed.
Some great memories my brother and I still laugh about. A few memorable ones that likely involved some alcohol the night before.
A guy peeing out the back of a camper while the driver of the truck was launching the boat.
A guy in the parking lot that walked out of the back of a camper with no stairs. I can still hear when he hit the dirt face first.
Lastly, a guy had a square homemade wood cartop carrier that he had put a small gas motor on to utilize as a boat.
We encounter him in the middle of the lake trying to keep the thing balanced. I’m really surprised he didn’t drown the thing was so unstable and thin. Talk about a barge.....

Have a great time all that get out.
SF

Now that is the shenanigans I am looking for!

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Stopped by a lake on the way out today. Not my indicator but I had to visit. It's really busy for a friday morning.

Attachments

• 20210423_094535.jpg
    20210423_094535.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 49

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts