WTB Bass Rod

Tugs

Just Keep Fishing
Hello,
I’m looking for a bass rod. No sure what would qualify as a bass rod or what weight. I’m looking at the Sage payload 6wt but rather start with used. I’ve never fished for bass but want to get started.
Open for price.
Thanks,
Tugs

LyNcH

Steelhead Junkie
Hello,
I’m looking for a bass rod. No sure what would qualify as a bass rod or what weight. I’m looking at the Sage payload 6wt but rather start with used. I’ve never fished for bass but want to get started.
Open for price.
Thanks,
Tugs
PM coming your way

PV_Premier

If you have a 6-8wt 9' trout rod, you probably already have a bass rod. What you might need is a bass line. Particularly if you are not throwing big junk for trout on the regular, you probably don't have an aggressive enough line to throw large, wind resistant flies.

Bagman

Bass is a big word, but you need to add to it, big mouth bass, aka black bass, small mouth bass, stripe bass, peacock bass, and so on. Then add where are you fishing for the “bass” black bass love cover, and when hooked will run for cover and you will need some back bone in your rod to pull it out. Strip bass can run to 30+ pounds which may just over power your 6/8 wt rod right quick. What I’m saying is more information is needed.

Porter

Any nice med-fast action 9’ 7 weight will work. But they did make bass fly rods that are barely under 8’.

western waters

Any interest in a fiberglass bass rod? I built up a McFarland 8'3" 8wt, very nice rod that chucks a bass taper and big flies easily. Lots of fun with a fish on also.

Peyton00

If you have a 6-8wt 9' trout rod, you probably already have a bass rod. What you might need is a bass line. Particularly if you are not throwing big junk for trout on the regular, you probably don't have an aggressive enough line to throw large, wind resistant flies.

Bingo!

When you are catching bass on a rod you already own....you will be happy ya saved the money not buying another rod.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts