FS Douglas Sky and Sky G for sale (Sky G and Sky sold)

I have a like new Douglas Sky and Sky G in a 9 foot 5 weight. Both rods are in like new conditions and have only been fished 4 to 5 times. Comes with original tube and sock. Pictures available upon request.
Sky-$350
Sky G-$450
Feel free to ask questions.

Dillon,
That is a great question, considering all the positive press those rods are getting. As far as the Sky, being somewhat of a rod geek, I got it because some of the reviews compared it to a Hardy Zenith and called it an up-grade. The Zenith is a benchmark rod for me and still is. I found the Sky to not live up to the Zenith even though it is a newer design. I would much rather use the Zenith.

I cast the Sky G at the Atlanta Fly Fishing Show, and really enjoyed it, so much that I picked one up. The "but" is that is in almost perfect conditions-no wind, indoors, etc. it felt great to me. Using that rod on the South Holston with wind made for a tough day. Now I am not saying these are bad rods, in fact the G on a calm day with dries would be a great rod to use, but I love a rod that has a bit of versatility, that can handle changing conditions. And another reason for letting the Sky G go is although it has a surprising amount of butt strength, I am finding myself enjoying/fishing faster action rods. Looks like you can teach an old dog new tricks. Hope this long-winded answer helps.

Dillon

Thanks for your reply Scotsman. I don’t own a Sky rod but I’ve fished my partner’s 6wt. It’s a great fast dry fly rod, imo. Someone is going to get a great deal on your rods.

tbeggs15

I have a like new Douglas Sky and Sky G in a 9 foot 5 weight. Both rods are in like new conditions and have only been fished 4 to 5 times. Comes with original tube and sock. Pictures available upon request.
Sky-$350
Sky G-$450
Feel free to ask questions.
PM sent

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts