Stockers galore!!

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Fished a real local lake today from 2:00-7:30......97 trout, 5 yellow perch and one osprey!! I was playing a fish on a wet line while bs’n with another boat when I heard a huge splash behind my boat....at first I thought a big bass slammed the little trout....then my fly line was up in the air! Damn osprey took my fish and then my fly..... F9D07D2E-1023-4D9A-9029-5A9BA405710C.png

Matt B

WFF Supporter
I was at a 10” stockers galore local lake yesterday too, whoopin’ up on ‘em, and just hoping the eagle would get off his ass and put on a show. I managed to run into a nice holdover as well—a fish that actually did put on a bit of a show. Anyway I’m with @Chris Johnson , the birds are welcome to the abundance provided by the state’s trout hatcheries. Plenty to share.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I’ve been known to bonk a few stockers to feed the eagles, way cool watching them swoop down with talons out to grab the trout....but for an osprey to grab the trout that close to my boat and steal that last fly of that color.......:eek:

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Steve, do you carry a counter or something? I loose track after 3. Can't imagine counting like that, would make my head hurt:).

cheers
Fish counting started out with me and my dad, then my son would always try to beat me....and now it’s Lue! And yes we actually have these little plastic fish counters! We don’t use it much, you know....we’re flyfisher’s....we never lie about numbers or size!

F4690590-AE8D-4879-A0BF-C687B0C70E7B.jpeg

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts