The Teardrop Camper?

Jonnytutu

Ya, my wife and I now have a newborn....bought the teardrop before the newborn came into the picture. Two adults, baby, and dog (wife insists dog sleeps with us) is getting pretty tight. I have been looking at the Rockwell 1640esp which is a pretty burly looking unit or as I mentioned the jumping Jack trailers. Anyone have experience with the jumping jacks?

Fin

Richard E

From what I've learned from my neighbors, one with a teardrop, one with an A frame pop up, its a minimalist camping thing. They don't need a big guzzler SUV or truck to tow it and can get in and out of spots larger rigs can't. The guy with the A frame pop up? his daughter just bought a fibreglass pod version made in Canada. Seems insulated really well.
Which do you think they prefer; the teardrop or the A-frame?

Richard E

A little late to this party, but I've been happy with my Chalet A-Frame for six years now. Four trips to the Skeena, two to the Clearwater, Snake, Ronde, and a couple of Canadian Lakes. It's been to the St. Joe and is going to Henry's Lake and Ennis this month. Next month it'll go to Oregon. View attachment 283926 I'm going to miss it when it's gone but the wife wants a bigger unit with a bathroom for when she retires near the end of the year.

If and when you get ready to re-home that Chalet, reach out to me. My girlfriend and I are looking to upgrade from tent camping, and the A-frame trailers seem like a great option!

Thanks!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
If and when you get ready to re-home that Chalet, reach out to me. My girlfriend and I are looking to upgrade from tent camping, and the A-frame trailers seem like a great option!

Thanks!
It's promised to a fishing buddy but if his situation changes you'll be next in line. Right now the used RV market is covid afflicted with high prices. We'll probably wait until next spring to get something else.

wanderingrichard

Honest?? They both claim superiority over the other... kind of funny to listen to them rip each others rigs over a friendly beer shared around a backyard fire ring.
I guess if you don't mind cooking chuckwagon style, then do the tear drop. At least the A frame is fully enclosed.
Me? My idea of camping is a Motel 6. Army life took all the fun out of it.

Sportsman

R
Richard, if you ever showed up with a Hobbit house on wheels, you would have a lot of room in your tent! A-frame will give you some security, headroom and 2 'very' good friends can be very comfortable. A canoe or couple kayaks on top are doable. But you're still camping on wheels, pack and plan accordingly.

SpeyDragon

My wife and I enjoy our teardrop, but I would prefer an A-frame for a place to sit inside allowing more use during the shoulder seasons.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts