First bass of the year

Managed to get out yesterday on my first fishing trip of the year. Happened to be a bass trip. Chasing largemouth with a 6wt or 8wt, and poppers, is one of my favorites. Went 2 for 3. Water temp in the lake was still a bit chilly. Wind picked up and I got off the lake after 4 hours. Mostly wanted to kayak with my wife. Didn’t see any bluegill out yet. Might be a couple more weeks before the action heats up.

Attachments

• 2ED982F9-8F46-48A6-8209-DFFEEE2E9940.jpeg
    2ED982F9-8F46-48A6-8209-DFFEEE2E9940.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 79
  • C4550FE8-8482-4253-8D8C-D6DF67674C73.jpeg
    C4550FE8-8482-4253-8D8C-D6DF67674C73.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
Lifetime Tamarack angler 100. They’re cheap Walmart kayaks, but I’ve fished huge lakes, slow streams, hood canal, and even the straits near marine area 4 with it. That thing has been a workhorse.

Gila trout

Managed to get out yesterday on my first fishing trip of the year. Happened to be a bass trip. Chasing largemouth with a 6wt or 8wt, and poppers, is one of my favorites. Went 2 for 3. Water temp in the lake was still a bit chilly. Wind picked up and I got off the lake after 4 hours. Mostly wanted to kayak with my wife. Didn’t see any bluegill out yet. Might be a couple more weeks before the action heats up.
Nice fish and shirt.

Josh

dead in the water
WFF Moderator
Lifetime Tamarack angler 100. They’re cheap Walmart kayaks, but I’ve fished huge lakes, slow streams, hood canal, and even the straits near marine area 4 with it. That thing has been a workhorse.
Nice. Those are a good value. I was going to pick one up last year (or even better, the slightly more expensive Angler Pro) but I couldn't for the life of me find one in stock anywhere last summer. I ended up with a Nucanoe Flint that I got a good price on.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts