Recommend a reel seat

PhilR

WFF Supporter
Hi folks. I’m building up an NFC Iconoglass 10 wt blank, mostly for muskie but might also get salty. Can you recommend a reel seat? I’m looking for something saltwater safe, with double nuts and ideally a recessed hood. The rod is 0.6 inches at the butt, but so many seats are too small. Any ideas? Thanks v

I’m really looking forward to finishing and fishing this rod. It’s a bright green blank, and I’m going to wrap it with a light green thread that goes translucent. It’s the one in the right, in the picture.
CFCFDC58-C061-4DD9-A119-A3481E5BFF7E.jpeg

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Hmmmm....not much help eh Phil? That’s a beast of a rod! I haven’t built anything that size so I’ll I can suggest is google it. Good luck.

PhilR

WFF Supporter
Hey Steve, yeah, it's a pretty stout rod. a far cry from your dainty little hotrodz.

I ended up calling Utmost and have a reel seat on the way.

Ryan Janos

Well @PhilR it sounds like you found a solution, but if you're still thinking about reel seats and glass blanks, I'd suggest just using a stint. Buy a graphite rod that fits whatever reel seat you like, chop off a few inches of the bottom section of the blank, fit it up in there with tape and glue, and Bob's your uncle. Just curious, what seat did Utmost send you?

PhilR

WFF Supporter
Hmm, never would have thought of doing that, although I've repaired a few tip breaks with an internal splint made with an old rod section. Once even used a drill bit.

I got the pac bay A10.

Thanks, Ryan.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts