Cabin fever

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I have a very bad case of cabin fever. I told the wife that I'm going someplace tomorrow come hell or high water. I might head over to the Warm Springs area and check out the Clark Fork and Warm Springs Creek. And a few more little skinny waters. I just hope that my legs d0n't act up, so walking isn't a problem. Will take my Camera along for pictures of the Trees, Rocks and local wild life. Don't need any pictures of fish as I still remember what they look like.

East Coaster

Thought I'd remind you of the lessons you learned from one of your trips last year, in case you forgot:

Stay safe and hope you have a great day, OMJ!

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Old Man, I’m posted up here all week. You are welcome to come visit. Caddis are out and I have an extra chair.

001(83).jpg

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Old Man, I’m posted up here all week. You are welcome to come visit. Caddis are out and I have an extra chair.

001(83).jpg

Honestly, what will it take to make this happen. Do I need to drive over to Montana, pick OMJ up and drop him off at Swimmy’s camp site?

Swimmy on the oars and OMJ casting caddies, both with shit eating grins on their faces is post of the decade material I say.

CreekScrambler

Honestly, what will it take to make this happen. Do I need to drive over to Montana, pick OMJ up and drop him off at Swimmy’s camp site?

Swimmy on the oars and OMJ casting caddies, both with shit eating grins on their faces is post of the decade material I say.
Total supergroup potential.

JACKspASS

@Swimmy has offered @Old Man several times to no avail. I guarantee you, Old Man, you will have to surgically remove the smile off your face upon returning. Face reality Old Man, you can't wade, tie a fly, or cast for shit, so go on a nice float with someone dialed in and have a blast! If I wasn't burried in work right now, I would kidnap you and meet up with Swim and post the most epic TR known to man, we would sore mouth every fish in that damn river...

Jiminsandiego

Many years ago I had an accident that allowed me to experience the feeling of not being able to walk more then a few yards at a time. Eventually I recovered, but the OP reminds me of my bout with "cabin fever". I found that driving, parking, getting out, setting up my chair and simply observing my surroundings, to be very comforting. A spotter scope on a tripod greatly enhanced the experience, as I could sit for hours in one spot "spying" on all the wildlife (and fisherman) that were totally unaware that they were being watched. Give me a chair perched above a stream, with a spotting scope and a cold beverage, and my cabin fever is instantly cured.

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter

Swimmy on the oars and OMJ casting caddies, both with shit eating grins on their faces is post of the deca

Well I tried to get out but my health got in the way. If I didn't have so many things wrong with me I could have a good time out side. I get migraines in my eyes if I'm over tired and I didn't sleep very good last night. I developed a shooting pain in my right foot so it kept me awake most of the night.

I tried to hook up with Swimmy but he never made it back to my part of the state. All good on my part. I just can't see myself ever hooking up with him. We are different than two peas in a pod, so to speak.

If the stars would just come together and align I might just make it out some day soon. I feel like I could sleep for about two days.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts