Elwha Backpacking

Gfisher2003

Hey Y'all

I was thinking about trying to do some kind of backpacking trip in the Elwha with my friends over the summer, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on what would be the best time of year to go either for cool seasonal things to see or just more enjoyable weather for hiking? I was thinking since this year is a pink year it could be cool to go while they are migrating.

And no worries I'm not planning on fishing, just wanted to see at least the two dam removal sites and hike up into the park.

Thanks!

ChrisC

Hey Y'all

I was thinking about trying to do some kind of backpacking trip in the Elwha with my friends over the summer, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on what would be the best time of year to go either for cool seasonal things to see or just more enjoyable weather for hiking? I was thinking since this year is a pink year it could be cool to go while they are migrating.

And no worries I'm not planning on fishing, just wanted to see at least the two dam removal sites and hike up into the park.

Thanks!
Maybe try to reach out to John McMillan, who's been actively working on Elwha recovery and probably the most knowledgeable about run timing. I don't have his contact information but I'm sure you can look him up.

Gfisher2003

Maybe try to reach out to John McMillan, who's been actively working on Elwha recovery and probably the most knowledgeable about run timing. I don't have his contact information but I'm sure you can look him up.
Good idea thanks! I follow him on Instagram he does some cool work.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts