NFR Bill & Melinda

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I don't understand why anyone would get divorced, once you're that old. It's not like you're going to start pounding babes or getting the D. Might as well just make the best of it and slowly die together.

On a serious note though, a number of relationships in my circle failed at the start of all this. Being forced to actually spend time together made folks realize things. Return to normalcy might have a similar effect, as people become less dependent on each other. Strange times, indeed.

CreekScrambler

I don't understand why anyone would get divorced, once you're that old. It's not like you're going to start pounding babes or getting the D. Might as well just make the best of it and slowly die together.

Because people live wayyyyy longer than they used to. Bill’s got at least 15 years before the end is actually near; she’ll probably go another 30. That’s just too damn long for a lot of people to spend openly unhappy with their spouse.

gt

divorce is a physical and emotional roller coaster. hopefully none of you will have to endure this experience. it makes little difference how much money you have, in fact it might make it more difficult with billions, but none the less a real stressor. be kind to this couple, they have done the world a billion of good through the years. i would wish both of them all the best as time marches on. togetherness is dealing with the good, the bad and the ugly, you must prepare your mind and deal with things as they come along. talk, talk, talk and make your way forward.

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Why anyone would poke fun at this couple is beyond my comprehension. Imagine if every multi-millionaire/ billionaire was as concerned about their fellow human beings as Bill and Melinda Gates. You can't imagine because the uber rich control about 95% of the nations's wealth and the other 350 million of us are trying to eke out a good life on what is left. A generous billionaire is almost as rare as an honest politician.

Squamishpoacher

Not to hijack my own thread but, staying together just because you're 'that old' is not a good reason. You either grow together or you grow apart. And divorce is not about 'pounding babes'. It's about happiness. And, if you're in a union where you're both miserable, it's not fun.

Yes 50 percent of marriages end in divorce they say. But how many of the remaining 50 percent are happy? I envy anyone enjoying a long love affair, but it doesn't always work that way.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts