Micktom

These, my fav and easy to tie. Tomsu hopper

Attachments

• 9C43F121-729E-4B37-B2FC-74C42428F0B0.jpeg
    9C43F121-729E-4B37-B2FC-74C42428F0B0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Zak

kmudgn

Over the years, I have tied them all: Joes, Daves, Letorts, etc. Now I am tying a fly called the unsinkabeetle as an all-purpose hopper. It is an easy tie, works well, floats like crazy, and is a good top for dry/dropper combos. I tie it in tan or green. Both seem to work well as I use the one closest to the bugs I see.

Red64

AZ Mini Hopper. It can be tied in a various colors and sizes. If you pre cut the foam, you can tie a dozen in no time what so ever.

1morecast

I like these.
Not sure what the pattern is called. Used to buy them at various shops.

They aren’t super durable, but seem to fish better the more whatever hair it is they use to tie them gets trashed from fish eating them.
Maybe elk hair?
SF

View attachment 280669

View attachment 280670
The name of this pattern escapes me. I use to tie this up when I lived in Montana, they are not for me, a quick fly to tie. They were killer to fish! I'm wondering if a coating of UV flex would help with the durability of the body.

Zak

WFF Supporter
The name of this pattern escapes me. I use to tie this up when I lived in Montana, they are not for me, a quick fly to tie. They were killer to fish! I'm wondering if a coating of UV flex would help with the durability of the body.
Lawson's Henry's Forks Hopper, see also similar Whit's Hopper.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts