Regarding a particular frameless pontoon sold by Sportsman’s Warehouse

quadradomus

I was wondering if anyone out there may be able to give my some insight into a recent purchase I made of a frameless pontoon via Sportsman’s Warehouse.

The point is that I came across something I’ve never seen them carry, it was bacially an Outcast Super FatCat float tube on steroids!
It would probably be defined as a frameless pontoon, although I don’t feel that way. It is similar to the Outcast Scout, although it has not even the metal bar that would separate the pontoons, like the Scout.
from what I can tell, it is the exact same vessel as the Bucks bag renegade. It does come with short oaas an option.
The thing is it appears to made SUPER well. They are calling it, ‘Lost Creek Accessories gear and accessories’. Google does not give up much.

Anyway, anybody know anything about who actually makes it? Is it somehow taken from Bucksbags, and then re-marketed under Sportsman’s Warehouse?
I paid $1K for the Outcast Scout, (sold it). This thing only cost me $469, and it looks super solid. C0129082-4421-445D-BC0E-3C4F88EB8616.jpeg

Sportsman

I hope you don't take any offense, but I would return it before taking it out of the box it came in. If you want a great float tube, buy a Super Fat Cat. Then you won't be asking who made it.

quadradomus

I hope you don't take any offense, but I would return it before taking it out of the box it came in. If you want a great float tube, buy a Super Fat Cat. Then you won't be asking who made it.
No offense taken. I always keep at least one Super FatCat in the quiver. As I have one now, and it’s my 3rd.

quadradomus

I actually emailed Bucks, but have not heard back. Usually where this goes cheap is in the valves, or the thickness of the material. This one has same valves and way more than than my Outcast SFC.
probably made by Outcast or Buck's. Outcast makes several other Lost Creek models. The only difference is the color. Shoot Sportsman's an email if you wish.

Sportsman

Then why would you pay good $ for that? Even with oars, you're rowing at the knees, with 80% of the tube behind your butt. Who are you trying to convince? Not me I hope, I saw it recently and thought it was a joke.

Chris Bailey

WFF Supporter
That looks like the Bucks Roughneck: https://bucksbags.com/product/roughneck/

I wonder if the same is true for Bucks as I've heard about their Lost Creek version of Outcast boats, which is that they are the same quality and a great deal. They had a sale on the Lost Creek version of the Outcast Scout for less than $400 recently and of course it sold out before I could snag one.

quadradomus

Then why would you pay good $ for that? Even with oars, you're rowing at the knees, with 80% of the tube behind your butt. Who are you trying to convince? Not me I hope, I saw it recently and thought it was a joke.
If I have to explain the advantages of a longer length float tube of equal quality to the Outcast SFC, then you clearly use your SFC differently, and would not understand the benefits of this one.
The oars are of no interest to me.

Squamishpoacher

Consider where most of the stuff we use in our sport comes from. Stuff gets one label if it goes out one door and a different label going out the other. There's lots of identical products with differing brands applied. Some get a little tweak here or there but not much else differs.

Old406Kid

The oar option intrigued me but I have to wonder what a person would do with their feet/legs while rowing.
From what I can see the Lost Creek products seem to be well built. That said, I wonder how long they will be available at Sportsman's now that Bass Pro bought them out.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts