Mods, no need to lock this one.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Killer day.

DSC_2912.jpg

Wife got her personal best rainbow. We about had to issue a lunker alert as she had a bigger one on but she is still learning how to play big fish.

Fish ran, she locked down, and line went limp. No biggie. She continues to improve every trip.

DSC_2903.jpg

Gonna eat a little dinner then head out for the evening hatch.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Went back for the evening hatch. This time I was better prepared.

C1FF719D-8F69-42C1-AF3A-E15E54210E4B.jpeg

While not the biggest, kind of cool to figure it out and satisfying way to end the trip.

For those interested, Blue wing emerger with only the wing dressed so they sit upright.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
Went back for the evening hatch. This time I was better prepared.

C1FF719D-8F69-42C1-AF3A-E15E54210E4B.jpeg

While not the biggest, kind of cool to figure it out and satisfying way to end the trip.

For those interested, Blue wing emerger with only the wing dressed so they sit upright.
Fishing damp? :)

tirefire

My wife drove up last night to join me for the weekend. We got out after dinner to walk the dogs and try our luck with the evening hatch.

It turned out to just be a photo shoot as those fish laughed at whatever junk I was throwing. Gonna stop in the shop and get see if I can get some tips.

Beautiful evening though.

DSC_2868(1).jpg

I got up early to catch the sunrise. This shot has potential so might try again in the morning.

DSC_2886.jpg

We are headed up river today. Gonna be mid 70's and light W. Saturdays are the best!
MsmNiWk4_o.gif
One thing you might add to camp life is a Morzh sauna tent. They have tents designed for sauna with a wood fired stove. I’ve owned one for awhile and they’re fantastic. Steam followed by a dip in the river to end the day is pretty awesome...

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
One thing you might add to camp life is a Morzh sauna tent. They have tents designed for sauna with a wood fired stove. I’ve owned one for awhile and they’re fantastic. Steam followed by a dip in the river to end the day is pretty awesome...

Thanks for the recommendation
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

I'm ready to head back out but weather is about to turn to shit here. Gonna settle in for a couple of days, tie some flies, and watch the PGA.

Lame.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Thanks for the recommendation
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

I'm ready to head back out but weather is about to turn to shit here. Gonna settle in for a couple of days, tie some flies, and watch the PGA.

Lame.
@Swimmy, you sound oooh so very optimistic today. Now if I had been responding, I would have said, "gonna get some precipitation today, that's great, cause we could sure use it. Also gives me the opportunity to tie some flies and watch the PGA - it's gonna be great."

Have a great one.

cheers

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: smc

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts