Idaho Culling 90% of Wolves

CreekScrambler

Are you suggesting that "Idaho has probably viewed all the science that's been thrown at them the last couple decades" as fraudulent due to higher levels of linguistic obfuscation?

The other side of that would be that, instead of everything being fraudulent, Idaho doesn't understand what they're reading.
Nothing quite like people who hate government working in the government. Oof.

adamcu280

I can't tell if this is directed at me, or the Idaho gov't, or something/someone else. My inability to distinguish the implied tone of the post suggests the post is using a form of linguistic obfuscation, which could indicate the information contained in the post is fraudulent.

;) <- for clarity.

KillerDave

Have camera, will travel...
I can't tell if this is directed at me, or the Idaho gov't, or something/someone else. My inability to distinguish the implied tone of the post suggests the post is using a form of linguistic obfuscation, which could indicate the information contained in the post is fraudulent.

;) <- for clarity.

Maybe, but I suspect it could be directed at anti-government citizens of Idaho, a state somewhat famous for it's pockets of anti-government settlements, working in Idaho government jobs.

But then again it could just as well be directed at Seattle DMV employees who resided in the autonomous zone.

Obviously there are significant semantic properties to consider so that nuancing is not divorced from the communication process.

Either way, if you jump to the wrong conclusion there will be serious, far reaching consequences for those unfortunate enough to experience them. Also, unintended effects will be hard to anticipate with so many moving parts.

Further study is needed by experts, preferably from far, far away lest they are tainted by current, local events.

CreekScrambler

Maybe, but I suspect it could be directed at anti-government citizens of Idaho, a state somewhat famous for it's pockets of anti-government settlements, working in Idaho government jobs.

But then again it could just as well be directed at Seattle DMV employees who resided in the autonomous zone.

Obviously there are significant semantic properties to consider so that nuancing is not divorced from the communication process.

Either way, if you jump to the wrong conclusion there will be serious, far reaching consequences for those unfortunate enough to experience them. Also, unintended effects will be hard to anticipate with so many moving parts.

Further study is needed by experts, preferably from far, far away lest they are tainted by current, local events.
The first paragraph is what I meant.

Loving the comedy twist, guys! Glad I could tee up a good skewering :).

dustinchromers

If by hate you mean making it smaller and more efficient those are the good ones. If by chop dwellers, or denizens of the Jan 6 fiasco then not so much. Like the other two respondents I'll need more information before weighing in officially. You might mean that guy from Parks And Rec the TV show? He hates the government yet works there and seems harmless enough. Can a hater of government make government better? These existential wormholes are the stuff the nature of man and governance are made of.

CreekScrambler

If by hate you mean making it smaller and more efficient those are the good ones. If by chop dwellers, or denizens of the Jan 6 fiasco then not so much. Like the other two respondents I'll need more information before weighing in officially. You might mean that guy from Parks And Rec the TV show? He hates the government yet works there and seems harmless enough. Can a hater of government make government better? These existential wormholes are the stuff the nature of man and governance are made of.
I only mean to point out that there aren’t many organizations that benefit from having people in them that don’t believe in the power of that organization to provide value. Nobody needs a PETA die-hard holding down a gig at a butcher shop.

dustinchromers

I only mean to point out that there aren’t many organizations that benefit from having people in them that don’t believe in the power of that organization to provide value. Nobody needs a PETA die-hard holding down a gig at a butcher shop.

I'm so writing the screenplay for a PETA guy who works at a butcher shop. His father is a butcher. He is constantly fending off his mother's blind date matchmaking then being consistenty berated by his father for being vegan. It's a dark comedy.

CreekScrambler

I'm so writing the screenplay for a PETA guy who works at a butcher shop. His father is a butcher. He is constantly fending off his mother's blind date matchmaking then being consistenty berated by his father for being vegan. It's a dark comedy.
You’re gonna have to tie this into the Phoenix (Fenix?) universe if you wanna publish.

dustinchromers

You’re gonna have to tie this into the Phoenix (Fenix?) universe if you wanna publish.

Quintin the vegan butcher stands alone. Yes he stands with poor hunched posture from shouldering his father's derision and ridicule but stands none the less. His experimental electronic music band has more characters that are "unique". A vegan band? Not certain. While a vegan electronic band with a full cast of characters to brow beat Quintin for his employment is attractive there are other ways to build tension within an amateur band.

KillerDave

Have camera, will travel...
OK DC, get off that Vegan dating site and lets get back to the subject at hand ;)

My phone newsfeed just laid down the depressing news that beef prices this summer will be some of the highest ever. I checked out a couple articles and the one below has the basic info with the least amount of annoying subscription pop ups and such:

https://www.thecattlesite.com/news/...-rising-on-strongerthannormal-seasonal-demand

And one from Australia, for some balance:

All other moral judgements and pseudo science aside, in terms of keeping it's economy alive, Idaho just did the right thing at exactly the right time.

Last edited:

gt

what is the thread all about?? i thought we were talking about killing wolves but it has gone off the rails.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts