NFR College Football 2021

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
A bit early on this thread as fall practices don’t start for over for over two months.
This is for fans of PAC 12 schools who where interested in who would replace Luxury Larry Scott as conference commissioner.
Here is your answer. Time will tell if this is a good hire.....
SF

creekx

Director of Stoke
T
A bit early on this thread as fall practices don’t start for over for over two months.
This is for fans of PAC 12 schools who where interested in who would replace Luxury Larry Scott as conference commissioner.
Here is your answer. Time will tell if this is a good hire.....
SF

I like the hire in concept. We desperately need someone with large-scale management experience who understands entertainment, marketing, media, etc. Need to get the revenue stream where it should be, as we are being left behind other Power-5 conferences. He can hire others to manage on-field competition, officiating, etc. The last idiot was a tennis player without a clue.

Porter

Think you might see a big realignment among top schools in next few years (I hope not) . Mega Conferences if you will, say goodbye to the Pac12-Big 10, etc

The have nots such as Wazuu, Oregon State, Cal etc will be scrambling to recreate new conferences with the Boise, BYU’s types etc, of the football landscape. They will become the new D1aa type league.

USC, Oregon, maybe a few other pac 12 schools join Texas, TCU and a couple others to Make the Mega West Conference.
Mega Mid, Mega East, Mega South East.

And a real playoff system. Maybe 12 teams. 4 wild card playoffs followed by quarter-semi-championship playoff format.

It’s all about the $$$, not the fans, alums or students! ;)

landlocked

Think you might see a big realignment among top schools in next few years (I hope not) . Mega Conferences if you will, say goodbye to the Pac12-Big 10, etc

The have nots such as Wazuu, Oregon State, Cal etc will be scrambling to recreate new conferences with the Boise, BYU’s types etc, of the football landscape. They will become the new D1aa type league.

USC, Oregon, maybe a few other pac 12 schools join Texas, TCU and a couple others to Make the Mega West Conference.

And a real playoff system. Maybe 12 teams. 4 wild card playoffs followed by quarter-semi-championship playoff format.

TCU makes it into the big boy league?

Porter

Have they not been a top 10-20 team over the past decade plus and playing in mostly major bowl games? Or am I thinking of someone else, know it’s not Texas Tech!

bobduck

Whiskey Tastes Best from a TIN CUP

This reminds me of the 60's when Udub formed a conference with the four Cal schools leaving out Ore, OSU and the coogs who became independents. These were the "little three" per QB Pelluer who said if you lost to any one of these 3 you shouldn't be able to show your face to the rest of the conference. Consequently fans of the "little three" decided the dawgs were being a little pompous and overly proud of themselves. I even overheard one fan saying you'd be better named as U. of California Seattle. But being independent opened the door for the little three to go to bowl games other than the Rose bowl. Eventually the pac 8 was reformed with the three back in the conference. I would prefer an 8 team playoff rather than the 4 team format in place today. Go Ducks!

landlocked

Have they not been a top 10-20 team over the past decade plus and playing in mostly major bowl games? Or am I thinking of someone else, know it’s not Texas Tech!
Patterson’s had some good teams there no doubt. But they’ve been pretty up and down for last 4-5 years though. It’s been what, 12-years since they were brought into the B12 from a smaller/lower division? I’m sure A&M get a nod over them in TX.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Patterson’s had some good teams there no doubt. But they’ve been pretty up and down for last 4-5 years though. It’s been what, 12-years since they were brought into the B12 from a smaller/lower division? I’m sure A&M get a nod over them in TX.

I believe the original talk was Oklahoma Oklahoma St, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A & M and Colorado to form the PAC 16.
I doubt now that A & M is in the SEC they’d want to leave. Plus Jimbo Fisher has a big hard on about Nick Saban and beating him.
I can’t think of any teams leaving the SEC, but they have a few really weak schools.
It seems Texas stirs the drink in the Big 12 even though they’ve sucked recently compared to Oklahoma.
I would not doubt that conference expansion may happen in the future but a lot will depend on the CFP and if they get expanded.
SF

landlocked

I do hope the notion of these mega conferences goes away. Time may have passed me by, but I think regional rivalries are good for cfb. Now, it also only took one pompous, self-absorbed buffoon of a commissioner to screw that up for the PAC. If the new commish follows the quick money, it may be a speedy break up. I’m interested to see where the train goes once it leaves the station.

Charles Sullivan

See the Super league (ESL) in European Soccer. Having a super league in CFB would be very similar and have similar effects to what the ESL with regards to revenue for smaller clubs. The fans literally marched in the streets in protest over there. I don't think there will be the same reaction over here for a number of reasons.

The ideas are strikingly similar.

Go Sox,
cds

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts