NFR College Football 2021

Old Man

A very Old Man
I sure don't like the way some of these conferences are set up. The Big 10 has 14 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams. These teams shuffle around like old ladies at a tea party. Notre Dame FB got into a conference last year just to get into a bowl game. They will probably go back to an Independent team this year.

Bruce Baker

I sure don't like the way some of these conferences are set up. The Big 10 has 14 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams. These teams shuffle around like old ladies at a tea party. Notre Dame FB got into a conference last year just to get into a bowl game. They will probably go back to an Independent team this year.
Notre Dame is still an independent in football. However, unlike when they were in the Big East conference, they have agreed to play X number of ACC opponents each year when they joined the ACC.

creekx

Director of Stoke
Ouch for ASU. Not a blue blood so NCAA can lower the boom with few implications to their pocketbook

Won't hold my breath. It's been 4 years and the NCAA still hasn't done jack-shit about Arizona basketball and former coach Sean Miller in the supposedly huge corruption scandal. Maybe AZ is still considered a basketball blue-blood though?

With ASU football projected to win the south this fall, this will be interesting to watch...

landlocked

Yeah it’s not like it’s a USC thing…about the only school out west with national relevance when the pundits talk CFP yearly (despite 15 plus years of meh football). Joe Blow football fan on the east coast still gives them a nod because they’re USC (or more appropriately SUC).

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
For all the Bama haters on the board... Get ready.

This season will see an improved defense and a stacked but young offense. They will be a contender for a title.

Next season, they will be at peak offense and defense and barring injuries will win the title.

Nick will be around another 8 years so the above sort of cycle isn't likely to change much before then. Apologies for your teams' lack of relevance (except maaaybe Swimmy).

Roll Tide!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
It has been interesting to watch the NIL developments since the ruling a week or so ago.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I’m not a fan of it personally and think the NCAA could have come up with a solution to avoid this.
Instead they dug in their heels and got their asses handed to them.

Kickoff in 60 days. I’m looking forward to being able to go fishing this fall then come home and enjoy some good food and drink while watching a full schedule of games.

I saw today that ex UCLA coach Terry Donahue passed away. I always liked him as a coach.
SF

Stonefish

Disappointed to read the big, highly (highest) rated E. Catholic stud sign with Ohio State.

Would have liked to see him be a Dawg, but can’t say I blame him.
OSU has had success getting into the CFP nearly yearly and have turned out a lot of d-line players to the next level.
Until the PAC 12 gets its act together, we’ll keeping seeing local talent leave the area.
Hopefully now that Larry Scott is gone, that process can begin.
SF

landlocked

I’m WSU all the way but this 3- million a year asshat pisses me off to no bounds. SF start tossing darts, this crackpot deserves them…but, he isn’t backed by the administration one bit. Love my school, but this guy is a dolt.

IT SEEMS EVERYONE, including the state’s governor, has an opinion on Washington State coach Nick Rolovich’s decision not to get vaccinated for covid-19. In case you somehow missed it, Rolovich announced Wednesday he was electing not to take the vaccine, followed by statements from AD Pat Chun and President Kirk Schulz. Here’s what they’re saying.

“When the football coach tells the president and the faculty their policies, policies based on science they believe in, aren’t right for him, he is in a lot of ways doing the same thing. He’s telling them he doesn’t feel their life’s work is worth respecting. That doesn’t seem to be the type of relationship that can last. And probably shouldn’t.” – Vince Grippi, Spokesman-Review

"Has he been suffering from misinformation? ... maybe we will give him a call and find out.” -- Governor Jay Inslee, as reported by KHQ-TV”

Stonefish

I read about that situation yesterday.
He has certainly put the President and AD in a tough position.
SF

landlocked

I read about that situation yesterday.
He has certainly put the President and AD in a tough position.
SF
I'm pretty much appalled at how he just tossed it out there without an explanation. Washington is a divided enough state politically for him to at the least, acknowledge and explain his decision. It makes me sad and its really disappointing than a guy getting 3-mil a year (more than I'll make the rest of my life) on state salary can go the opposite direction (albeit his right) from the institution that pays him and not at least explain himself. Look, this guy hasn't been a PR darling yet, and hasn't backed anything up with winning either. I don't have the money to back a coach who makes questionable social decisions and comments (and thats coming off Mike Leach!!!!)...TU, Reel Recovery, and Idaho Rivers United get my donation dollars this year until this gets cleared up.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts