NFR College Football 2021

MelW

Certified Curmudgeon - GET OFF MY LAWN!
Everyone fess up now. How many of you had to google Stony Brook to find out where it was?
When I told my wife that Oregon was playing Stony Brook, she commented that she wasn't aware the 'assisted living" home in Corvallis had a football team. :p

And, yes, there is an assisted living facility on Corvallis named Stoneybrook!

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Look who Oregon played. Stony Brook, Sounds like a small creek.
Who would schedule this? Sure Stony Brook gets a bag of cash, but why wouldOregon want this, nothing whatsoever to gain. Beat them by 70 and folks say "yeah, but it was Stony Brook", if it's close or somehow manage to lose, season over. I don't get it.

Cheers

MelW

Certified Curmudgeon - GET OFF MY LAWN!
Who would schedule this? Sure Stony Brook gets a bag of cash, but why wouldOregon want this, nothing whatsoever to gain. eat them by 70 and folks say "yeah, but it was Stony Brook", if it's close or somehow manage to lose, season over. I don't get it.

Cheers
It's the SEC scheduling model, except they usually book the cupcake in the middle to later point in the season.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
It's the SEC scheduling model, except they usually book the cupcake in the middle to later point in the season.

Yeah, but the knowitalls love the SEC, so it doesn't matter, the PAC 12 has to struggle to get attention and any respect, this doesn't help.

cheers

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Premium
Who would schedule this? Sure Stony Brook gets a bag of cash, but why wouldOregon want this, nothing whatsoever to gain. Beat them by 70 and folks say "yeah, but it was Stony Brook", if it's close or somehow manage to lose, season over. I don't get it.

Cheers
The AP "punished" Oregon for scheduling Stony Brook, a quality research university but not a football powerhouse, by elevating them to #3 over Oklahoma. Oklahoma beat a credible Nebraska team in a tight, compelling game. Very strange...
Steve

Old Man

A very Old Man
The AP voters are all sports writers. The coach's poll is all football coachers. And the ones for the play offs are just ordinary people. Or the ordinary rich people.

Proheli

Oregon has the biggest win of the non-conference portion of the season in the whole nation. And Fresno state was a good win. IMO, OK didn't look as good as Oregon, and hasn't looked as good, so Oregon should be no #3. #1 didn't play so hot this week, but the sports writers would never depose Bama or the Bulldogs unless they lost. As far as "pre-season" scheduling, there is nothing wrong with taking a break after a monster game like OSU, Crystobal freely admitted Oregon was beat up after that game. I wonder if that had anything to do with the QB getting injured against Stony Brook.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts