NFR College Football 2021

landlocked

“I am hearing that Texas and Oklahoma are going to leave the Big 12 for the SEC.”

Just add Clemson into the mix and that should lock up 3guaranteed SEC CFP spots annually. Still an odd proposition, because OU and TX then become annual 3-4 place teams instead of the top dogs. I bet TAMU is not in favor of this.

Puts the B12 down to 8 teams if those 2 bail. Let the speculation begin!! Does B12 try to poach CU, UU and the Zonas from the Pac? Does the Pac try to poach some remaining B12 teams…but why would they want to come to this shitshow of a conference? Interesting topic indeed.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’ve never been much of a The Ohio State fan, but I really like what Ryan Day is laying down here in regards to NIL money.
SF

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
If anyone doesn't think that this kinda money doled out to these kids ain't gonna fuck em up, your crazy. I get that the institutions are getting fat on these kids talent, but I see serious behavior issues in the future.

Not sure if that's a given, kids out of high school get multimillion dollar signing bonuses for baseball every year. They're not all train wrecks. Igt will be interesting to see how this all plays out though.

cheers

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Not that college football has been pure for a long time, I think the NIL part of it will change the game and not for the better.
What really needs to happen in my opinion is the NFL needs to come up with a minor league. I’ve suggested before that they partner with someone like the XFL.
The kids that have no interest in college or the education but aren’t ready for the NFL can go there and play for pay.
Would a five star recruit who can make a million a year in college be interested in making the same money without having to go to class? I’d think in the case of some that would be a hard yes.
Give them five years to make it to the NFL.
If they don’t make it to the show by then, they are done.
Give the scholarships to kids who want the college experience as well as a free education.
SF

Swimmy

Under this new system, what would keep a donor from just flat out paying players to play?

For example, come to Alabama, I'll give you a million, and you can do some "advertising" for me.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
Under this new system, what would keep a donor from just flat out paying players to play?

For example, come to Alabama, I'll give you a million, and you can do some "advertising" for me.
Or better yet pay them to "not play" in certain situations...

longputt

Wait until Bama is up by 40 points against a lower tiered team and the coach gets sued for pulling the QB and hurting his statistics and potential endorsements.

The next few years of this are going to be interesting.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts