NFR College Football 2021

Gyrfalcon21

WHL hockey kids that are high school age have been getting paid for decades and go to local high schools when they can- as students! Used to be a few had decent signing bonuses. I was in Spokane and knew some teachers that had some of these Spokane Chiefs kids. Well behaved, mostly.
The b.m.o.c. might no longer be some local jock kid, but a Russian or Canadian local WHL team captain who was cracking some others player's skull just the night before on the ice, but is taking a math class test next to other local high school sophomores..

The kids/young men still have host parents.

Think of that for a second. Some of these players/kids were as young as 14. The rules now I believe are 15 and above for WHL, but these young men are true professional athletes mixed in with local kids. Fast Times at Ridgemont High possible stuff with the Forest Whitaker character.

I see this working in ways, and then being a disaster in ways.

Welcome to the crazy world of 2020 and beyond!

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon21

I assume these kids will not be more susceptible to bribes than before? Ha. O....k.... Will we have New Orleans Saints style headhunting for guys with the wrong sponsors-even on same team?

Swimmy

I assume these kids will not be more susceptible to bribes than before? Ha. O....k.... Will we have New Orleans Saints style headhunting for guys with the wrong sponsors-even on same team?

Yeah, what happens if Georgia is sponsored by Nike and under contract but their best player is making adds for Adidas. Does Nike then sue the University for not abiding to their contract?

This could be a total clusterfuck.

Gyrfalcon21

How would a $ college stud player spend his money in Pullman? Serious question? At least a Gonzaga star could live in a penthouse at the Ridpath in downtown Spokane.

This all has to favor the LA school-type locations for highest recruits.

Last edited:

Swimmy

I have a feeling no matter how much we spend Georgia will still not win a natty
AHrY34WL_o.gif

#GoDawgs

longputt

$120 Million? If so, it's pretty poor ROI.
I looked at this a few years ago and actually on a spending basis Petersen at UW over-achieved...the Pirate REALLY over-achieved. Texas A&M fans should be mad...major under-achieving!

Schools are spending over $1,000,000/year to field each player....that's nuts!

Steve Birrer

Yeah, what happens if Georgia is sponsored by Nike and under contract but their best player is making adds for Adidas. Does Nike then sue the University for not abiding to their contract?

This WILL be a total clusterfuck.
Fixed it for you.

Steve Birrer

I think the biggest issue is going to be within teams themselves. Guys say well its no different than the pros. The QB makes many more millions than the second string CB.

Except here's the rub. In the pros the QB might make $25M/year but that second sting CB is still making several million. The problem I see with NIL is that the QB might be making a million but that FIRST string CB might be making zero.

Porter

If you want to know true coaching….the best player plays. Regardless of age. Confident coaches might redshirt a great player in order to have him an additional year when already has a great player at that position. But coaches have strong egos and they will play the best….let me refrain that statement. The best and true coaches will play the best player immediately we are in a instant satisfaction society. Little patience for true coaching which helps to develop players. If you must ask then just look at the transfer portal. Project players are becoming a thing of the past. So many high school players that are really good grow another 2” and add 25 lbs. but without JC’s. It will be lost. There is a thing called late bloomers. Sometimes they turn out to be the best of the best.. (Just think of all the things they had to overcome).

leave you with this

Bo Schembelcher (Michigan coach said at coaching clinic ….

“ You can line up in two deep and roll into three deep , and you can line up in three deep and roll in to two deep, and you can do this and that, but if you can’t hit and tackle the receiver or running back then it doesn’t mean anything”. Basics. Basics ….

It’s really a simple game ;)

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts