NFR College Football 2021

Gyrfalcon21

Really? Spokane? Guess if you like dog racing and skeezy state line strip joints it’s shangri- la for college students. Strike out in Spokane you can always sluff it over to Cheney.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Pullman is a heavenly spot. Makes Spokane look like NYC or Paris. And that is saying a lot. Dog track and state line strip clubs? You are dating yourself. Guessing you are sort of stuck in 1985? Well, maybe the dog races made it to the early 90's?

Am guessing in Spokane the Gonzaga basketball players are busy working on their basketball and studies. Gonzaga students with some money can probably afford some decent dining in town.
Pullman has Zip's I assume? (Researched. Oops, looks like you have to go to Moscow for Zip's!!)

Cheney has some fine flyfishing lakes near AND a Zip's in town (I ate there once, so no bragging), PLUS a national jr college football championship ! well...pretty much, and they did embarrassingly beat WSU and the genius of The Pirate of the Palouse!

Your guys in WSU have not even fired the new coach yet, awfully touchy already?

Last edited:

landlocked

Haha… Spokane/Cheney is like the love child of Tijuana and Barstow compared to Pullman. You’ve for sure got your little school EWU panties bunched up! Honest observation.

Gyrfalcon21

Haha… Spokane/Cheney is like the love child of Tijuana and Barstow compared to Pullman. You’ve for sure got your little school EWU panties bunched up! Honest observation.
You are right, ofcourse. Thanks for the honest observation. Here is one for you. You must of had your first hangover in Pullman? I'd be proud of that too!

Something to hang your hat on.

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Now that Oklahoma and Texas have given their media rights notices, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Should the PAC 12 make another attempt at luring both?
From a geographical standpoint, it makes no sense but having a presence in the Texas media market would certainly help the next TV contract.
Oklahoma’s on field status would also help.
I see Oklahoma being competitive in the SEC, but I’m not sure about Texas. Texas would have an easier time in my opinion winning big in the PAC 12.
I’ve read reports about the Big 10 approaching PAC 12 teams. Where do the rest of the Big 12 teams end up if Oklahoma and Texas do bolt?
Interesting times...,
Nothing like getting thrown into the fire in your first month of your job for the new PAC 12 commissioner. It will be interesting to see how he responds.
SF

Reactions: NRC

NRC

WFF Premium
Now that Oklahoma and Texas have given their media rights notices, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Should the PAC 12 make another attempt at luring both?
From a geographical standpoint, it makes no sense but having a presence in the Texas media market would certainly help the next TV contract.
Oklahoma’s on field status would also help.
I see Oklahoma being competitive in the SEC, but I’m not sure about Texas. Texas would have an easier time in my opinion winning big in the PAC 12.
I’ve read reports about the Big 10 approaching PAC 12 teams. Where do the rest of the Big 12 teams end up if Oklahoma and Texas do bolt?
Interesting times...,
Nothing like getting thrown into the fire in your first month of your job for the new PAC 12 commissioner. It will be interesting to see how he responds.
SF
Disappointed to see all the rivalries I enjoyed in college at OU potentially falling by the wayside. Loss of Nebraska from the Big XII was just a precursor of the changes to come. I’ll be interested to see what kind of fit O-State pitches about this. They’ve struggled to advance in terms of national relevance compared to their big brothers the Sooners, and are in danger of seeing the strides they’ve made negated. Hehe, losers…

I think OU is doing this just to avoid getting our ass kicked by K-State every time year. They have our number as often as not. Speaking of getting beat, I’m actually relieved at the prospect of losing to an SEC school (or five) before the playoff rather than continually shitting the bed in the big games.

Old Man

A very Old Man
I wouldn't mind it if the Arizona teams went to the Big 12. They are closer to that than in the PAC 12. There was talk about this also.

Stonefish

I wasn’t familiar with the AAU this article referenced. It looks like Washington is a member.
I know in the past the PAC 12 only wanted to admit research institutions. It sounds like the Big 10 has some academic requirements as well.
The Big 10 seem like logical landing spots for Kansas and Iowa St should the Big 12 dissolve.
SF

Last edited:

TDB

Flounder Pounder
I bet we end up with PAC/B1G alliance. Not sure adding any of the leftovers from the Big12 increases the total pie for the B1G or PAC.

landlocked

You are right, ofcourse. Thanks for the honest observation. Here is one for you. You must of had your first hangover in Pullman? I'd be proud of that too!

Something to hang your hat on.
Nah man….did have a doozy of hangover after dunking Pautzkees and Mallows on opening day in mid-80’s, mebee Fishtrap? Then went onto the horse track on Sprague and drank Brew 66 on tap at some dive with a bunch of hookers from St. Louis for a couple hours. They bought the last $3 buck pitcher all the while wearing skimpy, see through, Gonzaga Bulldog tank tops sprayed with seltzer water by the bartender every 20 minutes.

All team jabbing aside, glad to be able to share common ground around my regional growing up history with folks on this board and wish all NW teams ( well, within reason for a WSU guy), success.

OK… made up the Gonzaga tank top thing…

landlocked

Sucks for the fan/regional standpoint. Any of us who are intrigued by regional rivalries are old news at this point.

BDD

I'm glad there are a bunch of you who follow this and can report on it here because I would probably never follow it otherwise. But honestly, I just don't really care enough to stay so engaged and focused on it. When fall rolls around, I'll watch college football to the extent I can, however the conferences are aligned, whatever the new rules are, whoever the commissioner is. If I enjoy it, I'll continue to watch. If I don't, I'll move on to other things. Things change...sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. It's not like I have any bearing on it.

Bruce Baker

I wasn’t familiar with the AAU this article reference. It looks like Washington is a member.
I know in the past the PAC 12 only wanted to admit research institutions. It sounds like the Big 10 has some academic requirements as well.
The Big 10 seem like logical landing spots for Kansas and Iowa St should the Big 12 dissolve.
SF

I will have to read that article. My initial thoughts were Iowa State for the Iowa-ISU connection. Maybe West Virginia....they used to play Penn State a lot. Then the two Kansas schools.

Stonefish

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts